House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
vicster

Oh Dear.....

The realisation that you have "negative equity" is akin to being hit along side the head by a sledge hammer. It causes your stomach to turn and give you the sensation that you are walking on a cloud with no sensation left in your feet. Its a terrifying ordeal and not to be taken lightly as thousands of people are about to experience these horrible feelings very soon.

The realisation that you have "negative equity" is akin to being hit along side the head by a sledge hammer. It causes your stomach to turn and give you the sensation that you are walking on a cloud with no sensation left in your feet. Its a terrifying ordeal and not to be taken lightly as thousands of people are about to experience these horrible feelings very soon.

Is that from personal experience?

I'm not gloating. If the OP of that MSE post had been the poor sod in negative equity I possibly wouldn't have posted (especially as there's every chance Mr Vicster and I will be in a similar position at some point).

I woudn't like to see people who have bought recently discover they are in NE, but I would like to see all those tossers who say "fwar fwar, my house is worth quater of a million" taken down a peg or two.... all of course IMO....

Is that from personal experience?

Nope, but I am very empathetic! I almost did a flip during the closing weeks of the 1982-88 Bubble and had a nightmare the night before leveraging a large amount of money on a speculative house purchase. I woke up in a panic with much the same sensations as described and pulled out of the deal. Within weeks the bubble popped and we would have had negative equity on a grand scale. So I think I know how people feel when that dreadful realisation creeps over your mind causing you to go into severe anxiety.