House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

Heavy-duty Rioting Across Dublin City Centre

Just heard from a cousin that some heavy-duty rioting has been taking place around Dublin City Centre today - Said the atmosphere was nightmarish!

G

The word I'm getting is that although a small Republican splinter group organised the counter-demo, loads of ordinary Dubs, mainly local youths, were the people who escalated the situation.

i cant blame them

unionists wanted to do a march in dublin, orange men with the sash's ect were there.Its blatentluy trying to instigate trouble

Guest horace

er, um,um

`Its blatentluy trying to instigate trouble`

Not freedom of speech?

horace ;););)

er, um,um

`Its blatentluy trying to instigate trouble`

Not freedom of speech?

horace ;););)

Nope, trouble. The Prods are 90% of the problem in Northern Ireland, the arrogant b*stards. To this day many folk I know in the North have to keep their religion secret from their employer or they would be sacked on some pretext. They have to keep it a secret when they attend funerals for the same reason. The reverse does not hold for Protestants in the North. The Protestants started it and have always been more aggressive in attacking the Catholic community. However, the grievances of the catholic communty have never been fairly represented in the British media, any more than it is stressed that as many Catholics have been murdered by Protestant paramilitaries as vice versa. But all you hear about is the IRA. I am no IRA supporter, I just think murderers should be equally portrayed in the media whatever their religion.

i cant blame them

unionists wanted to do a march in dublin, orange men with the sash's ect were there.Its blatentluy trying to instigate trouble

****** it was a peaceful march in memory of the victims of Republican violence.

Even Sinn Fein aren't supporting the rioters FFS.

Guest horace

>> malco

As posted at #4......

`Just like Iraq.

Indoctrination in action.`

horace ;);););)

Nope, trouble. The Prods are 90% of the problem in Northern Ireland, the arrogant b*stards. To this day many folk I know in the North have to keep their religion secret from their employer or they would be sacked on some pretext. They have to keep it a secret when they attend funerals for the same reason. The reverse does not hold for Protestants in the North. The Protestants started it and have always been more aggressive in attacking the Catholic community. However, the grievances of the catholic communty have never been fairly represented in the British media, any more than it is stressed that as many Catholics have been murdered by Protestant paramilitaries as vice versa. But all you hear about is the IRA. I am no IRA supporter, I just think murderers should be equally portrayed in the media whatever their religion.

Ohh come on you can't blame one side any more than the other. Both communities have their nutters and bigots. Fact is the majority of both Protestants and Catholics just want to get on with their lives in peace.

I suspect the reason you hear more about IRA violence is that the IRA campaign spilled over onto the mainland UK whilst protestant terror gangs area of operations was more limited.

Don't give us that old flannel, they're all as bad as each other in the North.

****** it was a peaceful march in memory of the victims of Republican violence.

Even Sinn Fein aren't supporting the rioters FFS.

Oh was it, great - when are the republicans marching through belfast - lets get that date in our diary eh - UDF don't get a enough publicity in my opinion

"a small Republican splinter group organised the counter-demo"

If you believe that, I got a BTL to sell ya.

loads of ordinary Dubs, mainly local youths, were the people who escalated the situation.

he he he......Always up for a mill.......

Oh was it, great - when are the republicans marching through belfast - lets get that date in our diary eh - UDF don't get a enough publicity in my opinion

The Republic's Taeosach Bertie Ahern was on the news supporting the parades right to assemble and march peacefully.

As I said even Sinn Fein weren't against the march.

Republicans frequently march in the north and the south of island of Ireland. FFS they even march in England and Scotland.

Unfortunately the events of Saturday play right into the DUP's hands.

They are often (rightly) accused of bigotry toward Nationalists, but they can now point the finger at those in "The South" that will not accept them for what they are.

If there ever is to be a united Ireland, extremists on both sides must be diluted - the culture of "The North" must be allowed to spread south peacefully, as it should the other way around.

The idea that all the Unionists will just go and live in mainland UK, so that the whole of Ireland can adopt the Republic's image, is simply a non-starter.

Unfortunately the events of Saturday play right into the DUP's hands.

They are often (rightly) accused of bigotry toward Nationalists, but they can now point the finger at those in "The South" that will not accept them for what they are.

If there ever is to be a united Ireland, extremists on both sides must be diluted - the culture of "The North" must be allowed to spread south peacefully, as it should the other way around.

The idea that all the Unionists will just go and live in mainland UK, so that the whole of Ireland can adopt the Republic's image, is simply a non-starter.

I dont think the future of NI lies with the South. They, the Republic, couldnt afford it anyway.