House Price Crash Forum

Its Been Another Year

CABMAN UK

HOLA441

Hi Cabman

I completely sympathise with your frustration - who isn't fed up about how long it's been? But here's the thing - what are you going to do about it? Go and buy yourself a house? Ah-hah, that's the thing - you can't, can you, not without getting into dizzingly terrifying amounts of debt, if then - and that is true for so many people in this country that that's why prices must come down.

Also, when thinking 'it's never going to happen', remind yourself that it is absolutely a symptom of a bubble that people think it's never going to end - it really is, happens every time. So cheer up, luv, it definitely will happen!! :D

Walthamstow's old news - friends of mine started buying places up and doing them up there in 2000 and have made a tidy packet - most of the money there's been made and people buying there now, just like anyone buying anywhere, is buying at the top of the market.

And it's bloody miles out!!

Walthamstow: lived there myself 15 yrs ago.......mentioned b/c Evening standard ran article last week on places FTB are buying.....and it is NOT imo "bloody miles out." 15 mins to Kings Cross; 25 mins to Oxford Circus on a good tube line - Victoria line. i did the journey every day for a year. Crap if you miss the last tube home, but hey that could be said of many parts of London. It can take me longer to get to W1 now i am in zone 1......

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest muttley

I'm not implying that at all. Perhaps I worded it badly.

There could be a huge crash for all I know after the election. I'm just saying GB will try for the 4th term using any trick he can. The bill for his tricks will come in the form of raised taxes and rates after the election. Bumps in inflation occur quite regularly in our economy. There could be another one after the election which could effectivley null out nominal falls in house prices.

If the pound gets devalued then that is not exactly unique. The pound tanked after Black Wednesday in 1992 after all. Some now refer to this as White Wednesday as the economy grew rapidly afterwards.

I suppose it all depends if whether you believe Brown has some reserves or whether you think he is running on empty.I believe he (they) have manipulated the economy in order to win the last election.The other point I'd like to make is that the UK economy cannot operate independely of the global economy,and the rest of the world couldn't care less about Gordon's career.

Edited by muttley

HOLA443
Guest boredwaiting

Am certainly not jealous of you. Have a strong income, don't need to spend my time spinning on a forum spouting posts far too long for anyone to bother reading till the end. I concur that your long waffly, pious opinions would be better off in an offline diary. Posters to this forum aren't looking for "far better opportunities in other markets", they're looking for a home.

Actually I only really come to this forum to learn more about these opportunities and what is out there. I have all but given up with the housing market....

I actually wish Bubb would post some more, I want to learn to trade...

Bored...........

HOLA444
HOLA445