House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Withdraw Money From Banks!

I know a seriously large part of HPC all has its deposits ready sitting in banks collecting little interest.

We know banks can lend up to 10times the amount of cash in said bank!

If we all remove our money from the bamk and put it into something like gold - these banks would have a significatly reduced opportunity to lend out credit.

I personally could probably reduce lending by about £100,000

I wonder how much more without everyone jumping off the stash the cash bandwagon we could reduce it by ???

Hmmm, where would you suggest putting it?

I for one would not like to be the owner of a large amount of cash right now.

"Here Mr. Bus driver can I pay the fare with this crisp 50 pound note?"

*Bus driver alerts Kent Constabulary*

*Gavin has to explain Delboypass's hair brained scheme to bullying police officer* :D

I know a seriously large part of HPC all has its deposits ready sitting in banks collecting little interest.

If we all remove our money from the bamk and put it into something like gold - these banks would have a significatly reduced opportunity to lend out credit.

I wonder how much more without everyone jumping off the stash the cash bandwagon we could reduce it by ???

It's probably easier just to start your own currency. In all seriousness I think there is a system called LETS which one of my friends (from a very poor background) remembered his mum using about 20 years ago.

You obviously never read the thread the other day about how its cheap, almost interest free money from other countries in the East thats finding its way into the UK banking system thats funding the cheap credit Delboy.

Still, I keep valuables (but not cash) at home, in a good safe cemented to the floor. You could always try that? At least then you can say your doing something towards the cause.

Actually, there's not enough cash to go around if even 10% of us decided we want to withdraw all our cash. It's all just credit creation - deposits and lending on an electronic ledger - that inflate the money supply. As long as everyone believes in and trusts the system then it'll be fine, but if we all demand our money at once, it'll cause a run on the system that would lead to another great depression. There has been some very good threads on HPC in the past about how the banking system works..

Edited by Van

You obviously never read the thread the other day about how its cheap, almost interest free money from other countries in the East thats finding its way into the UK banking system thats funding the cheap credit Delboy.

Still, I keep valuables (but not cash) at home, in a good safe cemented to the floor. You could always try that? At least then you can say your doing something towards the cause.

What make of safe is it? Was it easy to install?

Regards,

crude

Its a Pheonix Diamond series Crude (cant remember which number) and its Grade one approved for insurance purposes.

Fitting is easy; it came with bolts, which I bolted to a metal plynth and then concreted into the floor as a slab. Some carpet over that, and you'd never tell that you'd need a huge amount of force to move it.

If you need a diagram becaise you fancy giving it a go, drop me a PM and I'll mail you one of how I did it.

Its a Pheonix Diamond series Crude (cant remember which number) and its Grade one approved for insurance purposes.

Fitting is easy; it came with bolts, which I bolted to a metal plynth and then concreted into the floor as a slab. Some carpet over that, and you'd never tell that you'd need a huge amount of force to move it.

If you need a diagram becaise you fancy giving it a go, drop me a PM and I'll mail you one of how I did it.

Or someone holding your child to ransom, in which case access is far easier.

I think having a safe in a house is asking for trouble, if the bogey man knocks its best to give them what they want and be happy to claim off the insurance and hope they are happy to take just your goods.

Criminals today are getting much braver, broad daylight robberies with the Occupants in residence.

My advice is not to keep anything in your house you would not be happy to lose, keep it in a safe vault at a Bank!!!!. Possesions are just not worth laying your life or your families for.

Thanks for the info

crude

Guest Bart of Darkness
Criminals today are getting much braver, broad daylight robberies with the Occupants in residence.

Or the police/courts just getting more and more ineffectual?

Edited by Bart of Darkness

Or the police/courts just getting more and more ineffectual?

Nah it's the courts, if you want tax abusers of the week look no further than judges. There was a case this week where a little girl was run over and killed and the scumbag that did it got 12 weeks for it, 12 weeks for crying out loud. If judges aren't prepared to do their damn job what's the point in having a police force?

But the person who sells the gold, what would they do with the cash?

Or someone holding your child to ransom, in which case access is far easier.

I think having a safe in a house is asking for trouble, if the bogey man knocks its best to give them what they want and be happy to claim off the insurance and hope they are happy to take just your goods.

My advice is not to keep anything in your house you would not be happy to lose, keep it in a safe vault at a Bank!!!!. Possesions are just not worth laying your life or your families for.

Definately a fair point, although I think the "Ransom Raid" scenario is a little overplayed in the media - it makes great copy however.

Its probably a historic thing with me, most of my (rich) relatives all had safe's at home, so its something I was around a lot growing up, so I'm quite comfy with the idea. My new home is also equipped with a monitored alarm, so I feel fairly at ease with having one.

Edited by billy-g

Actually, there's not enough cash to go around if even 10% of us decided we want to withdraw all our cash. It's all just credit creation - deposits and lending on an electronic ledger - that inflate the money supply. As long as everyone believes in and trusts the system then it'll be fine, but if we all demand our money at once, it'll cause a run on the system that would lead to another great depression. There has been some very good threads on HPC in the past about how the banking system works..

WISH THAT WERE TRUE VAN.BUT IT AINT.

the cash is created as soon as somebody borrows it......if a default happens the bank sieze the asset it's borrowed against.

...which to be blunt means,if the banks all pulled the plug on credit similtaneously,they would control pretty much all the housing and business stock in the country....leaving the working population in slavery.

that's how easy it is to snatch away.

But the person who sells the gold, what would they do with the cash?

They use it to buy up smaller miners and new reserves, which is exactly what they're now doing.

...which to be blunt means,if the banks all pulled the plug on credit similtaneously,they would control pretty much all the housing and business stock in the country....leaving the working population in slavery.

But then everyone could see that they're nothing but serfs, better to give people the illusion of owning something... they're still slaves of course but they're probably unware of the fact.

Edited by BuyingBear

It's probably easier just to start your own currency. In all seriousness I think there is a system called LETS which one of my friends (from a very poor background) remembered his mum using about 20 years ago.

I'm a member of a LETS scheme.

WISH THAT WERE TRUE VAN.BUT IT AINT.

the cash is created as soon as somebody borrows it......if a default happens the bank sieze the asset it's borrowed against.

I think he means hard cash currency, notes and coins. Theres just not enough of those pretty bits of paper with the queen on them. Isn't there something with up to 20K of deposits are guaranteed by the govt?