House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal; No Conveyancing In The Conveyancing Department

Mrliberty

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Spoke to a family member who works for a solicitors in the East Midlands, and says the market is completely flat. Loads of people marketing their properties, but few sales apparently. Also spoke to a colleague who has a surveyor husband and says the same.

I have seen/spoken to various surveyors, EA's/back office workers, ....... the market is DEAD. All that cr@p you read/hear/see in the press is just that - UTTER CR@P -- the Vested Interests out there are DESPERATE - and their friends the PR Agencies have done a very good job in the last month or so feeding the meedja with bullsh!t: The World's Biggest Ever Pyramid Selling Scam is collapsing in slow motion like a giant deflating blamange....... - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=24836 - Be warned!!!

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA445

From what I recall, just before the last crash didn't some of the Building Societys invest in the Estate Agency business and get their fingers very burnt?

They did indeed. What gets me is that they didn't see it coming. I mean people can be stupid but these organisations employ clever people who would know better. Apparentley not.

HOLA446

They did indeed. What gets me is that they didn't see it coming. I mean people can be stupid but these organisations employ clever people who would know better. Apparently not.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they don't care either way. I reckon they still posted profits afterwards. Do they ever lose money? As long as they don't give it to Nick Leeson I reckon they'll always be doing great relatively.

I've no proof of this, I'm just cynical when it comes to banks.

HOLA447

I have seen/spoken to various surveyors, EA's/back office workers, ....... the market is DEAD. All that cr@p you read/hear/see in the press is just that - UTTER CR@P -- the Vested Interests out there are DESPERATE - and their friends the PR Agencies have done a very good job in the last month or so feeding the meedja with bullsh!t: The World's Biggest Ever Pyramid Selling Scam is collapsing in slow motion like a giant deflating blamange....... - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=24836 - Be warned!!!

I know its coming, but I can't see it happening without the associated slump in the economy and associated job losses. I left school during the last recession, and it wasn't pretty, so everone is likely to suffer in one way or another. However, bearing all this in mind, if socially or in the workplace, I have one more boomer or member of the BTL brigade adopt that resplendently smug tone they have, I swear I'm going to swing for somebody.

If and when it happens are we all going to get together and have a beer? B)

HOLA448
Guest Winners and Losers

Obviously, could not help but check out the EA's in my local area this morning. ALL of them dead as a dodo. Bored looking staff and not a punter within a 5 mile radius.

HOLA449

Spoke to a family member who works for a solicitors in the East Midlands, and says the market is completely flat. Loads of people marketing their properties, but few sales apparently. Also spoke to a colleague who has a surveyor husband and says the same.

Wasn't it the Midlands where Rightmove said the greatest appreciation in prices was happening (6% in one, yes one, month)? That properties were "flying off the shelves." Fibbers!

HOLA4410

i left school in the last crash too

And i am not exagerating when i say 3/4 of the school leavers that year couldnt get a job, and it went on like this for about 5 years.And the universities hadnt opened up so much then, so you had gangs of ferral youths running about the streets.It was the begining of the chav and the new age traveller, lots of 40/50 something men throwing on the scraphead either took up fishing or hung themselves if they were brave enough.

The dole queues used to stretch out the door of the dole office and halfway through the town.

theft went up massively, cans of the cheapest lager were bought instead of going to the pub.

but it wasint all that bad because everyone was in the same boat.

HOLA4411

Wasn't it the Midlands where Rightmove said the greatest appreciation in prices was happening (6% in one, yes one, month)? That properties were "flying off the shelves." Fibbers!

And man, there are so many new builds coming on the market. Maybe they are not selling because the developers didn't understand that leaving space in the kitchen for a sofa doesn't mean that it's considered a living room with through kitchen.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

As a potential purchaser in the East Midlands .... more of this please.

Just for research purposes I walked around my neighbourhood looking at "suitable" 3 bed semis. There were an awful lot of them, and I never got more than perhaps 600 metres or so, as the crow flies, from my current rented home!

Billy Shears

And man, there are so many new builds coming on the market. Maybe they are not selling because the developers didn't understand that leaving space in the kitchen for a sofa doesn't mean that it's considered a living room with through kitchen.

For research purposes, I went to a property auction in Walkers stadium in Leicester. Walking alongside the canal to get there, I couldn't believe the number of "looks like new build 'executive apartments'" along that road. Unless they are recently built student hostels or summat, there are huge numbers of them. And note that I said "along the canal". I haven't checked that website that

Oh and there are lots and lots of new build flats in various stages of completion in other parts of central Leicester as well.

Billy Shears

However concerning the auction, it certainly didn't look like a buyers market. At one point the auctioneer talked up the (from memory) potential 5% yield on a property (rent divided by price, no other factors considered) as "where else could you get that sort of return?" There were only 26 lots, and hundreds and hundreds of people in the room.

Billy Shears

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

>> BillyShears

What would you say if I sang...

horace

... out of tune.

Wrack My Brain, wondering if I should say Goodnight Vienna and go Out On The Streets to enjoy a Sunshine Life for Me or whether that would make me a Bad Boy, when in reality What Goes On is that I'm the Greatest.

Billy Shears

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418