House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buffer Bear

Financial Planner At It Again!

Quoted in What Investment (March 2006).

FP aka JD was a panel member for the Money Clinic, which deals with readers' financial planning and investment queries. In response to a reader who had recently married and where both parties owned property, after addressing PPR, income tax and CGT issues, he stated:

"Be careful in how you proceed as the likely housing bubble peaks, ensure you dont get sucked into the idea that house prices can only rise. To have a loan on an asset which is not rising (and could fall) may not be optimal use of your overall capital."

Brilliant.

You may need to educate the other 'expert' on the panel who warned the reader that if they got off the ladder, they may become priced out....................... :blink:

I would like to be an expert panel member for What Investment but I don't think I have the correct letters after my name :( .