House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
music man

Flat Market

I was working in KIng's Lynn, Norfolk today and was speaking to a lady about how FTB's cannot afford homes to live in and the SIPPS pull from G.B. and how there is a void at the bottom of the market.

She said that 'at the moment the area market is very flat' - her EA friend confided. Pretty much as we all know here in Norfolk.

So from the horses mouth, West Norfolk is a dying market. Last quarter from BBC we had terraced housing down 10.5% in North Norfolk and 7.2% down in Breckland. Ahhhh - come on the rest of the U.K. follow our lead.

This year looks like a pancake for the Carrot Crunchers.

Yep, the figures don't look so good in Norfolk. Funny that, there aren't quite so many investment bankers working around Swaffham these days. And the beet crushers around Wereham haven't seen million pound bonuses for a wee while.

i'm afraid you've got rather carried away with yourselves. the area is geographically flat, but house prices, as we know, only ever go up. you need to listen more carefully in the future.

tut tut

Edited by benjamin

I remember Norfolk with very fond memories from the time I lived there in the 1980s. I owned a very fine Georgian house in Bergh Apton set in half an acre for which I paid £56K in 1982. Now worth close to 1 million I am told.

How times have changed and what a mad, crazy, property market we now see........

i'm afraid you've got rather carried away with yourselves. the area is geographically flat, but house prices, as we know, only ever go up. you need to listen more carefully in the future.

tut tut

This is true. I drove a Jordie back to my folks in my student days and he couldn't believe his eyes. A molehill was a mountain to him in this county. Going through the Wash is something for you hill lovers to avoid like garlic to a vampire.