House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pad

Edp Norfolks Daily Paper 64 Pages

A sign of the times? The property suppliment is now larger than the newspaper.

Noticed the same thing about our local paper also--pages of houses for sale and many with "new price" (EA speak for price reduced). The news about 9th March being the day chosen by Japan to remove liquidity from the world banking system may promt a few more to try to get out in the next 10 days or so before much higher IR kick in.

Hi music man.

I find in amusing the way agents are advertising "sold similiar required" on some of their props when I know for a fact they have been trying to sell one for 18 months and have now finally got a buyer -stc of course.....

anther "sold similiar required" has taken 5-6 months from its origianl stc to looking as if it might finally have gone through. It must be a sign of the times if they are having to advertise the fact that they have actually sold someting - still a sign of the times if they have to boast about a sale!

Don't forget the Evening News (the EDP's sister paper) contains a 48-page property section the day before the EDP's, creating a potential 140 page supplement! No wonder the EDP editor ignored my letter re: price drops in East Anglia - Archant (the owner of both publications) are simply raking in too much revenue to report such bad news! :D

Noticed the same thing about our local paper also--pages of houses for sale and many with "new price" (EA speak for price reduced). The news about 9th March being the day chosen by Japan to remove liquidity from the world banking system may promt a few more to try to get out in the next 10 days or so before much higher IR kick in.

Why would anyone jump on the property wagon before IRs go up. I would far rather wait to pay 5K in interest rates for a 75K house that 5K in interest rates for a 100K house. At least then, in 7 years the IR might go down and the value might rise to a reasonable level against the current wages. Then I will be paying 3K for a 100K house, and my wages will have gone up (a bit). Purely speculative, but it works for me.

Once thing I have noticed in the property section of my local paper is that most of the EA's adverts are now in black and white. I have a paper from two years ago and nearly all the ads were in colour.

Weird or what? Or quite simply they are running out of money.

Hey Pad / Catflap

I started keeping track of this recently as well. The last 2 supplements were indeed a whoping 92 pages - the 2 weeks prior to that were 88 pages. I thought about going into Rouen Road to see if I could look at old supplements - it would be really interesting to see how it's grown over the past few months as there's obviously a correlation to the state of the housing market/economy and the number of houses advertised. I had this theory that as the property supplement gets bigger with each passing month, so the jobs supplement gets smaller?.

Will it break the 100 pages?..... I hope so!

Good to see there's a few of here supporting the Norfolk / East Anglian front.

Lets see if we break that 100 page mark.

For a childish bet I'll say 9th May - just for fun! :D

I started keeping track of this recently as well. The last 2 supplements were indeed a whoping 92 pages - the 2 weeks prior to that were 88 pages. I thought about going into Rouen Road to see if I could look at old supplements - it would be really interesting to see how it's grown over the past few months as there's obviously a correlation to the state of the housing market/economy and the number of houses advertised. I had this theory that as the property supplement gets bigger with each passing month, so the jobs supplement gets smaller?.

Will it break the 100 pages?..... I hope so!

The increase in the size of the property suppliment is interesting, but just have a look at the increase in the number of properties going to auction...

Hi music man.

I find in amusing the way agents are advertising "sold similiar required" on some of their props when I know for a fact they have been trying to sell one for 18 months and have now finally got a buyer -stc of course.....

anther "sold similiar required" has taken 5-6 months from its origianl stc to looking as if it might finally have gone through. It must be a sign of the times if they are having to advertise the fact that they have actually sold someting - still a sign of the times if they have to boast about a sale!

A house up the road for me went under offer a few weeks ago - after at least 6 months on the market. A week later we got an A4 flyer through the door (hand delivered by one of the lads from the agency - you can always tell them - whistle on but they look self-conscious delivering leaflets - (w@nkers the lot of them). Anyway, big headline 'Look what's happening in your area!' and a picture of the house. Yes folks, look what is happening in your area - we sold a house! Wow! Hot news! Quick, get yours on the market.

What a sad bunch of tossers.

And yes, I have seen loads that have sat on the market finally go under offer with a big sign in the paper the following week 'Sold - similar required'. There ought to be a law against this sort of market manipulation.

4 houses near me. First one on market for ages - probably 18 months. Wanted £675k for it. Even before it was 'sold', they bought a bit of land opposite and built 3 clones. Out for a walk the other day, made a note of the numbers 1, 1a, 1b and 2a Fincham End Drive in Crowthorne.

For ages a big sign outside - only 1 remaining etc. Sign came down a few months ago - all houses seem to be occupied. Funny thing is, according to the Land Registry, only 1b has ever sold - at 520k. Assume the others are rented? Being lived in by the developer?

Something very odd going on around here. EAs are bullsh@tting away to try to convince people houses have been sold when they haven't. This must be illegal. If it isn't - it is definitely immoral. Same with blocks of flats. Only 7 sold in Oakwood Place, Dukes Ride Crowthorne. Yet they had a big sign 90% sold outside for ages. Still loads unoccupied.

Something very odd going on around here. EAs are bullsh@tting away

Personally I think they are guilty of price fixing – get lot’s of cr*p properties on at high prices – then get the ones that need to sell on at slightly less – they look like a bargain and sell quickly every thing else hangs around.

If they keep over pricing naff houses prices will increase (well that’s what I think they are doing)