House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Rightmove 240-315p Flotation

http://www.abcmoney.co.uk/news/2420062021.htm

LONDON: Property website Rightmove Plc. has set an indicative price range between 240 pence and 315 pence an ordinary share for its stock flotation, hoping to raise 72 million pounds on the market, the company said.

They have seeded the flotation with a "optimistic" report that houses are "flying off the shelves." Not what the government reported for the same period based on tax records.

Edited by Realistbear

People reading this topic later will be confused now you've changed the topic title from "mega-flop" to "mega-disaster". :lol:

Floatation may even be postponed if the news of our research in the other thread is well known.

If suspicions are aroused the Stock Market regulators will be bound to investigate. If the flotation backfires or the stock tanks people will be looking for someone to sue so they will have to make sure every detail is investigated. This is particularly true if (IF) Rightmove have been distorting the figures for financial gain.

Floatation may even be postponed if the news of our research in the other thread is well known.

Rightmove floatation will be a disaster, especially for those mugs foolish enough to buy into it.

RIGHTMOVE = HYPE

How do they generate revenues?

RIGHTMOVE = HYPE (MORE)

EPS (Earnings per share) How are they going justify earnings going forward?

RIGHTMOVE = HYPE+WRONGMOVE

72 Million Pounds. What madness.

RIGHTMOVE IPO = Pluto Shorting big time.

They have seeded the flotation with a "optimistic" report that houses are "flying off the shelves."

The only things flying off the shelves are P45'S from employers and bankruptcy application forms.

Estate agents and money lenders, what a sad bunch.

I wonder if Rightmoves' floatation will be the housing market's equivalent of Lastminute.com's floatation at the peak of the internet/tech boom?

I think DEBT.L would be a better bet, up 6.87% again today, nearly 25% up on the week.

bah dont mention them , i stuck about 6 grand in when they were newly released, i pulled out after making a few hundred quid if i would of waited i would of clawed out about 7 or 8 grand :lol: instead i now have a rather large CFD for cnm which i bought at 135p , basically ive worked a few months for free :lol:

I guess the marketing with institutions is done and book is more or less complete now - I hope my pension fund hasn't bought in. :blink:

It will be interesting to see how the shares will get away when they float around March 15, especially if the research Realistbear and coolaftershave were talking about becomes public knowledge in advance.

I'm not suggesting anyone should pass it on to the media, but Jim Pickard at the FT might be interested. ;)

Edited by Flash

The Major shareholders of Rightmove ie HBOS, Skipton and Countrywide tried unsuccessfully some time ago to dispose of Rightmove......no takers however. Still desperate to exit, the board subsequently decided on a flotation - hence the prolific recent media hype particularly by Rightmoves joint director Miles Shipside ( you recall he was blabbing on about house price rises in 2006 etc etc)

Expect more of the same in the next few weeks as the flotation bankers, their advisors and their media spin merchants crank up the hype about how the markets are set for recovery etc. and decide on the flotation price. Any bad news from the market before this (probably mid March) will have a major effect on the flotation price so you can rest assured that Rightmove will be fiercely protective of their published data. It is therefore a clever move to offer shares to their participating EA's

My view is that barring any disastrous independant market data that their flotation will probably go well supported by a bouyant stock market and institutional investors, thereafter as the market slide gathers momentum the share price will drop below the flotation price - by then the founders have exited their options and disappeared.