House Price Crash Forum
coolaftershave

What Level Of Education Do You Have?

This one's been done before at least once. Have a search and you'll find it easily enough.

Oh... opps.

At least we can then compare the results at different stages in the growth of this site?

Carry on voting.

CAS

Edit :- Am also thinking that if we do get more media attention people might like to know

the make up of this community. Confidence in quoting more senior members

of HPC and also taking our press releases seriously. When's our next one?

Are they emailed to Bloomberg, Reuters etc...

Edited by coolaftershave

I've got a PhD. You pretty much need one as a chemist these days - PhDs are the new degrees (which makes degrees the new o-levels).

I'm from an ar$e end council estate - dragged myself up, got an education, do something relatively useful and productive which earns a little international cash for UK plc. My reward for this is to be living in a small rented room, using a large portion of my wages to pay back loans for an education that the current generation of politicians got for free, priced out of property, all for a wage that's probably half of what a "Men Who Have Sex With Men Project" Worker gets for handing out condoms and leaflets in public lavatories in Lambeth. Cheers for that, Gordon. <_<

I have a HNC. Got it whilst working. Started working in IT at 17

Two of the most intelligent people I know have little qualifications. 1 left school

at 15 and joined the army. Now 71 years old and extremely clever. The other

has an ONC and can pick up programming languages at the drop of a hat and

has an amazing intellect.

I've got a PhD. You pretty much need one as a chemist these days - PhDs are the new degrees (which makes degrees the new o-levels).

I'm from an ar$e end council estate - dragged myself up, got an education, do something relatively useful and productive which earns a little international cash for UK plc. My reward for this is to be living in a small rented room, using a large portion of my wages to pay back loans for an education that the current generation of politicians got for free, priced out of property, all for a wage that's probably half of what a "Men Who Have Sex With Men Project" Worker gets for handing out condoms and leaflets in public lavatories in Lambeth. Cheers for that, Gordon. <_<

Ah there's my nextdoor neighbour again - I knew you must be highly educated!

Things will be different in a few years time. :)

I have a BEng, currently in transition to an MEng.

Would love to do a Phd, but I feel it would be a hobby. I can't really afford it with my current plans.

I would love to do more masters degrees after this one.

Since I only have a degree in Computer Science (York, 1996), maybe I should do something more? Maybe some financey stuff. Plenty of that on here! :lol:

I would love to do more masters degrees after this one.

Should have gone to Oxford: I bought mine for twenty quid.

In fact I thought I'd screwed up when I voted MA rather than BA, then remembered that officially I did actually have one :).

Edited by MarkG

Ah there's my nextdoor neighbour again - I knew you must be highly educated!

Things will be different in a few years time. :)

Ha, educated but not smart - if I was smart I'd have got qualified as a sparky, a plumber and a CORGI gas fitter...I'd be a lot richer. Actually, if I'd just knocked up a few birds on the estate I'd be in social housing living quite well off the benefits.

But I like my job...wouldn't swap it for a high-stress, long-commute, open-plan-office nightmare where human resources people harrass you with ****** daily, even if it paid 3 times as much.

I heard about this. Bugger!

I imagine it did actually make sense around 1500AD when you'd have to be a success in the world to make the twenty quid to buy an MA three years after leaving with your BA, but it's a bit of a joke today. I don't know whether they've raised the price in the last decade to allow for inflation.

looks like i may be the least educated.

A-Levels.....Maths, Physics & General Studies

couple of gcse's is all ya need , get yaself a good factory job like me :) like the rock doc says this has been done atleast once its been done more than once infact. I know some highly educated people who are thick as sh*t and some people without any formal qualification who are very smart.

couple of gcse's is all ya need , get yaself a good factory job like me :) like the rock doc says this has been done atleast once its been done more than once infact. I know some highly educated people who are thick as sh*t and some people without any formal qualification who are very smart.

Lol. well my excuse is my age...21 :ph34r: . and factory work is not for me. I work as an EO in the civil service..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: . Dont kill me just yet.

Lol. well my excuse is my age...21 :ph34r: . and factory work is not for me. I work as an EO in the civil service..... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: . Dont kill me just yet.

What's an EO? Does it require any skills?