House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Peter

Discontinuence Of The M3 Measure

Various doom-laden websites have stories not only about Iranian oil bourses, but also the end of the (US) M3 money supply figure, which measures the number of dollars circulating (or their rate of creation or some such). By not publishing this number, the US authorities can gaily print huge amounts of dollars without anyone knowing so that we suddenly wake up one morning with hyperinflation.

The reason for ending it may be to conceal this nefarious plan, but I thought that I read somewhere on here that it was, rather more boringly, being ended because it was no longer considered an accurate measure (I think due to hedge funds, derivatives, etc.). However, I can't search for this, because you can't search for only 2 character strings. So, does anyone know about the more prosaic reason for ending M3?

Cheers,

Peter.

Cheers, I found that M3 measure one. However, I thought that there was another one (there have been many, of course), which proposed a reasonable explanation for its removal,

Peter.

That was it!

Of course, I don't know if it's correct (but eek has seemed a reliable poster to me), but that would sound a more reasonable explanation. If you wanted to hide creating more dollars, then I would have thought that you would doctor M3 rather than remove it.

Thanks again,

Peter.

They said they were doing it to save money........

But they admit they will still calculate it.... just not tell anyone....

Go figure.....

My bet is that they will print money like there is no tomorrow to goose the market for 6 months then they will nuke Iran.