House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winners and Losers

Concern About Hpc Bad Press

Guest Winners and Losers

I was branded a TROLL by none other than CIUW in my first few posts. I learned that I had to choose my words more carefully to accurately refelct my message. Much negativity about this site focuses on the fact that we 'allegedly' brand everyone who does not agree with us a troll. I disagree, as many who do not agree instigate some excellent threads and lively debate. I think it can be easy to come across as a troll when you are not. I don't mind the odd cry of AWOOGA, think it sorts the wheat from the chaff! What do you think?

AWOOGAHHHHH

Not directed at Benjamin, sorry hit wrong button.

IMHO if this site is going to gain credibilty the few bully boys who throw their weight around and attack newbies or ANYONE who has even a slightly different view to them.....need to get back in their cage.

this site is BORING and cult like without debate, and contacts i have on a Sunday broadsheet - where i used to work - have mentioned this fact. Only a tiny minority visit this site, which is surprising as type "house price crash" into google and this site come straight up.....think we need to wonder why so many lurkers do not join up?

The positive news coming out of London is even being mentioned by bearish members.....can it JUST be discounted, because it does not fit the mindset of some who themselves have a VI in a HPC? There is a wealth of information on this site and i find it a great place to get a better picture of the whole of UK, not just the little box i know in my area of London. Much of what i read is making me wake up and smell the coffee, i will admit that!!

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

Although HPC is totally excellent and provides that much needed and rare opportunity to talk about house prices without being thought of as some sort of obsessive nutter :lol:, the average positioning of the forum is overwhelmingly towards the extreme bear stance of a coming house price Armageddon followed by an economic meltdown :o , in fact, so much so, that even normal bearish views can take on the appearance of being bullish ones. But I accept that it’s a difficult balance – some of the “best” threads, apart from the very funny, entertainingly extreme, or refreshingly off-topic, are those that contain a more balanced debate between moderate (some might say, realistic) bearish views, without being too sidetracked by the inevitable trolling or abusive posting, and often provide the fertile ground in which some useful new insights emerge. Overall, excellent but needs to retain a critical edge and avoid the obvious dangers of too much pro-doom and wishfull-thinking type VI-spin, and drifting slightly too far from reality to retain it's influence and “brand status”. :unsure: Is it really true, as some are saying, that TMF is now the best place for “informed” debate about house prices?

This site could do with losing the misogynistic crap against Kirsty and Sarah Beany - in some threads I've seen suggestions that rape or serious assault against them would be perfectly okay. The "Will the bombs help start a HPC in London" were completely tasteless too.

This site could do with losing the misogynistic crap against Kirsty and Sarah Beany - in some threads I've seen suggestions that rape or serious assault against them would be perfectly okay. The "Will the bombs help start a HPC in London" were completely tasteless too.

haha that got moved quickly :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

this site is BORING and cult like without debate,

Yet here you are again :lol:

the average positioning of the forum is overwhelmingly towards the extreme bear stance

A Bearish stance. On a site called www.housepricecrash.co.uk. Surely not! :)

Edited by geneer