House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
novicerenter

Estate Agents Advertising Jobs In N & Nw London

Not sure if allowed to mention company names here... An ea whose name rhymes with Bart is looking for negotiators in 2 N London offices. Another whose name rhymes with Autumn Leaves is too (though they often have ads for staff in the paper).

Have they sacked non-performing staff or are they busier and need more due to more vendors or more buyers? I wonder if anyone can throw light on why.

At the same time I'm hearing more radio ads for invest in property seminars and also for those people who buy your house if you're in debt and you can "buy it back in 3 years".

Contradictory indicators?

Guest Winners and Losers

No, it's just the clever EA's getting out of the industry because they know what is coming.

What sort of negotiators are they after, trainees or experienced ones?

My guess is the latter to replace existing staff for non-performance or who have moved on for other reasons.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies

Bart's ad says The successful candidates may or may not have experience of estate agency, however they should possess determination to succeed in this targeted sales environment...

Autumn Leaves often run ads for mortgage people and trainee negotiators, more recently the latter.

I used to work in recruitment & our Director said that a company taking on new staff is no indication of how well they are doing & that many companies used to do that to try & give the impression of everything being alright when it wasn't. Hopefully that is the situation here!

A friend of ours works in an EA's on a a Saturday and she said they have never been so busy. They have to get extra staff in instead of the normal team. Strange but true.

I was talking to an EA in the pub a couple of weeks ago - she was telling me how good the market was and that they could barely keep up with the influx of new instructions - more than 10 a week just in her office. Sales were running at approximately 20% of that figure. She looked bemused when I asked her why an over-supply of 80% was a good market. :ph34r:

The first thing I thought of was given the skills necessary to be an estate agent, isn't this about the only job where getting caught lying on your CV will improve your chances of getting the job?

Billy Shears

A friend of ours works in an EA's on a a Saturday and she said they have never been so busy. They have to get extra staff in instead of the normal team. Strange but true.

This just confirms what we already knew, lots of new instructions coming onto the market, not necessarily selling though.

Also, just a thought, if 2005 was a very bad year then many agencies may well have cut back on staff. This means that any upturn gets spread around fewer workers so of course they are going to be busy.

What matters is not how busy the agents are but how quickly the properties are selling, and at what price.

This just confirms what we already knew, lots of new instructions coming onto the market, not necessarily selling though.

Also, just a thought, if 2005 was a very bad year then many agencies may well have cut back on staff. This means that any upturn gets spread around fewer workers so of course they are going to be busy.

What matters is not how busy the agents are but how quickly the properties are selling, and at what price.

This is the key, clearly. Great to see an increase in volumes at lower prices... it suggests that the sellers have blinked first and are starting to accept lower offers on their properties.

This may also explain the supposed rise in asking prices as EAs and vendors factor in the discount they are readily prepared to make in a vain bid to get top dollar for their homes. Welcome to the sucker's rally. ;)