House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bandylegs

Are You Persuasive?

I've had discussions with at least a dozen people. Most seemed to agree with me at the time.

One is on the fence but has put his next purchase on hold.

Two of those who agreed have since gone on to buy new property.

One colleague who's house has been on the market for over a year, is now looking for tenants for his first house while he goes ahead with the purchase of his new place. :blink::(

Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to brainwashed zombies.

The other day I spoke to someone for the first time who shared my views for all the right reasons... and he'd never even visited this site - probably here now.

It was about time because I really thought it was me who was going mad.

Guest Winners and Losers

I have tried a few different approachs and found the ones that work best for me. Saying 'there is going to be a house price crash' will get you know where. I like to remind people about the late 80's when everyone was supping champagne like the party would never end. When people say that are going to buy, I just say that it might not be the best time in the current economic climate and ask them to consider that they might be in negative equity in the near future if they over extend themselves - this seems to do the trick. It may not convert everyone but it definitely gets them thinking.

I have persuaded everyone I know personally, to buy.

Ideally I would like as few a people as possible in my demographic, in my locality, with buying power at the bottom of the cycle. Me being the only buyer in town would allow me to drive the market down even further. :blink:

Sorry... I'm not really that much of a ****.

I have persuaded everyone I know personally, to buy.

Ideally I would like as few a people as possible in my demographic, in my locality, with buying power at the bottom of the cycle. Me being the only buyer in town would allow me to drive the market down even further. :blink:

Sorry... I'm not really that much of a ****.

Ha! I admit that I buckled easily when somebody I disliked was questioning whether it was the right time to buy and ended up praising their wisdom and encouraging them. ;)

Perhaps my persuasion is more a tool for evil...

I want to know who has persuaded 5 to 10 but I'm scared that I might end up walking their dog and cleaning their car.

I agree with winners that you have to lead people into thinking about things rather than try to overwhelm their beliefs. That's why I'm no good at it, I like the facts too much.

Guest Winners and Losers

Any chance I could persaude more people to vote?

That was not very persuasive!

How about 'many on this site are clearly perversive' - vote NOW and be persuasive. :P

That was not very persuasive!

How about 'many on this site are clearly perversive' - vote NOW and be persuasive. :P

I know, I know. 132 views and 18 votes. Come on people!

Please...

Edited by bandylegs

Just the one but that was the important one, my fiancee :D She has zero interest in buying a house while prices are going nowhere.

I initially tried some 'missionary zeal' with friends and work colleagues but it just wasn't worth the hassle. This is such a polarising issue that you can't expect to win people over with a quick chat over coffee. I tend to avoid the subject with pretty much everyone now and just have the courage of my own convictions and tread my own path.

Guest Winners and Losers

Just the one but that was the important one, my fiancee :D She has zero interest in buying a house while prices are going nowhere.

I initially tried some 'missionary zeal' with friends and work colleagues but it just wasn't worth the hassle. This is such a polarising issue that you can't expect to win people over with a quick chat over coffee. I tend to avoid the subject with pretty much everyone now and just have the courage of my own convictions and tread my own path.

Ah. Life is a path of untreaden snow, be careful how you walk it for every mark will show.

Despite what I said in another thread my general credo is 'there in but for the grace of God go I...".

I dont bother persuading people most of the time. I just think to myself...let's see who's living where in 10 years time and how stressed we are about money then.

Controlling ones own finances is so much more empowering than putting your solely in the market at this time.

Edited by DonnieDarker