House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jpidding

Gold's Been Very Quiet Of Late

Feels like its holding its breath before a leap in one direction or another.

Upside pressure: Iran and esp its Euro oil trdaing after 20th March

Downside pressure: Japanese interest rates removing free money.

Comments anyone?

JP.

You've answered your own question! I'm seeing a $9 rise at the moment, I gues many here wouldn't begrudge that. Bounced right off the trendline so I think you may get another assualt on $575 soon.

Will it breach it though?

It seems finely balanced. If the Oil Problem goes balistic we could see a final spike upwards in gold some obscenely high level in an exponential blowoff before crashing back to earth in a deflationary mess. the oil spike though will only hasten the day of eventual deflation of the global credit bubble.

It seems finely balanced. If the Oil Problem goes balistic we could see a final spike upwards in gold some obscenely high level in an exponential blowoff before crashing back to earth in a deflationary mess. the oil spike though will only hasten the day of eventual deflation of the global credit bubble.

jonpo

what do you think of the M3 figures being stopped - do you really think that the printing of money will not avoid deflation - dont you think we are going to get hyperinflation first.

There is an excellent feature on gold in this week's Investors' Chronicle. You'll have to buy your own, I am not aware of there being a link on the net to it. It explains all about the elemens of supply and demand, various scenarios to watch out for in the future... well worth a read if you are just an amateur numpty like me running on vague instinct rather than any profound knowledge of the market.

Long live serendipity....