House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Vs Ghpc?

iamconfusedagain

HOLA441

Why has Consa been banned?? Is it because his site has a prettier skin?? :(

House price crash - the site that bans it's members at will

It was noted today that the website Housepricecrash.co.uk has taken the formidable step and banned one of it's long term members for having an opinion detrimental to the hierarchy that run it.

The site is losing it's appeal to long serving members who supported it in the earlier days and repay them with a ban, this behaviour is unacceptable and we would like to reiterate that this site does not agree with or follow the policies of housepricecrash.co.uk and this site is not associated with or follows the same biased rules as that site.

The criminals at HPC are pictured above(sorry didn't have one of the oldie, maybe he can send me one so as not to feel left out)

bottom: HPC Webmaster(owner), Middle:Bubblepricker(owner), top:Charliethetramp(Moderator)

HOLA442

Why has Consa been banned?? Is it because his site has a prettier skin?? :(

I thought this was a joke until I went over to ********************* and had a look. When I first came here Consa was a very regular poster. He contributed loads to the discussions here. At the same time this site was becoming more and more popular but the servers couldn't handle the traffic. The site would frequently go down without warning and would be inaccessible for days. Consa got up off his ****, got some webspace and put up a mirror of this forum so that the regulars would have somewhere to go and chat when this site was down.

It was great fun; like partying until 2AM then all piling back to someone's house who had the forethought to stock a cupboard full of alcohol! LOL (remember those days?)

Fast-forward less than 12 months and the poor blighter ends up with his posts on "moderator approval". I thought that was for trolls? Is Consa considered a troll now?

Then he gets banned (or suspended until 2007)?

Either I've missed something major or "the powers that be" and Consa need some serious relationship counselling. What the heck has gone wrong? As far as I can see it's like watching 2 great friends fall out over nothing at all.

:(

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

That's the reason?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and make a comment.

Firstly it's ironic that the whole reason for this silly charade is some posts made about magnetic power. It seems that the moderators here and the moderators there are demonstrating exactly how the principle of magnetic power works (try to get 2 magnets that are aligned in exactly the same position to work together and it will be a lost cause, they will always repel eachother).

This game you're playing with eachother is quite frankly a mountain made out of a molehill.

If you could remove the emotion from both sides for just a second you would both very easily get to the bottom of it.

Instead of all this banning palava, just talk to eachother.

Mod: Hey Consa, you seem a bit p'eed off with the way the HPC boards are moderated at the moment. What's going wrong from your point of view?

Consa: Ok then. Well sorry for getting hot under the collar but this is what's frustrating me....

Surely that's better than carrying on like this?

If the mods are interested, you may find that a lot of the members have some good ideas about how the forum could be improved to make it more user-friendly. You could start a feedback thread and invite suggestions on any improvements or additions that the community would like to see. Let the thread run for a week and then select which improvements could be implemented without spending any cash. Put those improvements to poll. If any of those improvements end up with say 75% of users voting for the implementation, then it may be worth trying if it improves the flow of the forum.

Would you consider it or is it strictly out of the question?

HOLA449

That's the reason?

I'm going to stick my neck out here and make a comment.

Firstly it's ironic that the whole reason for this silly charade is some posts made about magnetic power. It seems that the moderators here and the moderators there are demonstrating exactly how the principle of magnetic power works (try to get 2 magnets that are aligned in exactly the same position to work together and it will be a lost cause, they will always repel eachother).

This game you're playing with eachother is quite frankly a mountain made out of a molehill.

If you could remove the emotion from both sides for just a second you would both very easily get to the bottom of it.

Instead of all this banning palava, just talk to eachother.

Mod: Hey Consa, you seem a bit p'eed off with the way the HPC boards are moderated at the moment. What's going wrong from your point of view?

Consa: Ok then. Well sorry for getting hot under the collar but this is what's frustrating me....

Surely that's better than carrying on like this?

If the mods are interested, you may find that a lot of the members have some good ideas about how the forum could be improved to make it more user-friendly. You could start a feedback thread and invite suggestions on any improvements or additions that the community would like to see. Let the thread run for a week and then select which improvements could be implemented without spending any cash. Put those improvements to poll. If any of those improvements end up with say 75% of users voting for the implementation, then it may be worth trying if it improves the flow of the forum.

Would you consider it or is it strictly out of the question?

Sounds like diplomacy to me yuk! Dictatorships rulez.

On a serious note , i think you're right classix. I don't like the way its all gone and i believe the mod's here could of extended an olive branch due to the 'time served' and backup that consa has provided for ages. Im not saying that consa has been a saint but i am saying he deserves better.

Bob hoskins says its good to talk - why go againt what he says? Consa has/had posted here for a long ol time, never tried to pinch members from here, ran a backup for when this place went down but the situation has been left to escalate into what it is today.

HOLA4410
Guest The_Oldie

To be honest, we're fed up to the back teeth with the whole issue. Consa has on more than one occasion banned the moderators and admin of this site, from his website, over some petty gripe.

He has stated "I will not be returning to this website, sh#t moderating more than once, goodbye".

So be it.

Edit:

yes twice to be precise mr oldie , the second time was a few days ago in retaliation to my ban, up until then they had full rights here as everybody after settling our previous "gripe", I will stand by the "shit moderating" cos I believe they have proved this by their actions

Not so I’m afraid. The chronology, as confirmed by our records and admin logs, is as follows:

You first banned us in early January, after getting the hump over the VIP Members usergroup being discontinued. After that issue was settled, your membership account had full rights until you again banned us from your site on 5th February in retaliation for your off topic thread being moved to the off topic forum.

Archived