House Price Crash Forum

Increase In Unemployment Described As " Dramatic"

HOLA441

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/displayNod...&folderPk=91148

Unemployment in the Chelmsford area rose between mid-January and mid-February. West Chelmsford MP Simon Burns said: "There has been a dramatic increase this month, with unemployment in the Chelmsford local authority area increasing by 166 to 1,536 people and in the West Chelmsford constituency by 107 to 1,048 people.
"These are the highest levels of unemployment in the area for almost six years.
"This is deeply depressing and is a severe blow."

Could HPI be finally sucking the lifeblood out of the economy? This is the hidden story behind the gleefull headlines coming from EAs and VIs with the "good news" of house prices going up.

HOLA442

Crime, crime, crime, crime...

Crack den, crack den, crack den, crack den...

Crash, crash, crash, crash...

A crap song, but nobody wants to live next to a crack den... Unless they're an unemployed crack addict that is... Hang on? Boom, boom, boom, boom... Oh no, crack addicts are skint aren't they... Crash, crash,crash, crash

HOLA443
HOLA444

I live sort of near Chelmsford and all the factorys have pretty much closed down, even Nico's which is a company that makes hinges and the like has a job board outside with the vacancies available and for the first time in my life there are no jobs on the board, my dad also agreed in saying that jobs are always available there, and my dads 73.

Mind you there is something booming round here and that's teenage mothers but thats another story.

HOLA445

I live sort of near Chelmsford and all the factorys have pretty much closed down, even Nico's which is a company that makes hinges and the like has a job board outside with the vacancies available and for the first time in my life there are no jobs on the board, my dad also agreed in saying that jobs are always available there, and my dads 73.

Mind you there is something booming round here and that's teenage mothers but thats another story.

I spent a couple of months in Wickford. It is amazing how prices there shot up. There is no work there and it's full of pensioners, jet a 3 bed semi is going (or more correctly asking) for 190K!

Totally amazing..these London wannbees in Essex are due for severe haircut. There is no way a 3 bed semi in wickford should anywhere near 100K let alone 190K!

Unemployment and higher IR's will spell doom for these folk..

Tick Tock Tick Tock...it's just a matter of time. Oh and housing bulls, watch another episode of homes under the hammer or Location, Location, Location...everying will seem better.

Edited by Pluto

HOLA446

I was born in Chelmsford and left when I STRd.

Not going back.

Prices peaked after Brentwood in about 2003, then prices went on moving up in Braintree. The boom seemed to follow the A12 outwards.

One day they will run a course to study the phenominen (spelling?)

HOLA447

"This is deeply depressing and is a severe blow."[/indent]

Could HPI be finally sucking the lifeblood out of the economy?

Nope. What is happening is the usual slowdown at the end of a housing boom.

Many of the housing boom jobs are disappearing, as so many of the web jobs went at the end of the dot-com boom.

The housing boom has also stimulated much consumer spending, and this is also now falling as anyone working in retail will know. The job losses from this drop are now beginning to come through.

Just a fairly normal economic cycle.

HOLA448

http://www.essexchronicle.co.uk/displayNod...&folderPk=91148

Unemployment in the Chelmsford area rose between mid-January and mid-February. West Chelmsford MP Simon Burns said: "There has been a dramatic increase this month, with unemployment in the Chelmsford local authority area increasing by 166 to 1,536 people and in the West Chelmsford constituency by 107 to 1,048 people.
"This is deeply depressing and is a severe blow."

Could HPI be finally sucking the lifeblood out of the economy? This is the hidden story behind the gleefull headlines coming from EAs and VIs with the "good news" of house prices going up.

YES - again - REMEMBER waht I've been saying for well over a year!!!!!!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...hp?showuser=767

IT [THE CRASH] IS COMING!!!!!!!