House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Oldlurker

Debt Collection / Debt Enforcement Shares ?

Hey. Can anybody provide the names of some debt collection / debt enforcement shares to put a bit of money into ?

Accuma Group PLC (ACG.L) up 23% since 23.01.06

Debt Free Direct Group PLC (DFD.L) up 10% since 18.01.06

Debtmatters Group PLC (DEBT.L) up 44.5 since 03.02.06

and a new one

ClearDebt Group PLC (CLEA.L) new one at 5p

and Albemarle & Bond Holdings PLC (ABM.L) up 46% since 18.07.05

provides pawnbroking and cheque cashing operations as well as retail jewellery sales

edit... a note about ABM

Edited by Pakard

and a new one

ClearDebt Group PLC (CLEA.L) new one at 5p

£3.25 actually. Looking at their history, looks like share price has tumbled from a high of £20+ and doesn't seem to have moved anywhere since Jan 04 - might be worth a 100 quid dabble?

£3.25 actually. Looking at their history, looks like share price has tumbled from a high of £20+ and doesn't seem to have moved anywhere since Jan 04 - might be worth a 100 quid dabble?

This comment was taken from CLEA.L discussion forum at iii.co.uk

I do not know if you are aware that this company is a result of reverse takeover. Initially this company was selling textile products for Manchester United Football Club and floated on the market in 1998 at 25p a share. The share price never went above 25p. I purchased this stock since its floatation and have sold some of it and of course at a loss. Dividend of 1.25p was paid in year 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2002. No dividends are paid since. I think the textile business was sold and the shell company was retained by David Mond who changed the name from Downtex to Carrwood Plc. Cleardebt is a result of reverse takeover and Carrwood Plc changed its name to ClearDebt Plc. Downtex Plc. was owned by a number of Chartered Accountants and the same bunch or some of them are now directors of Cleardebt Plc.

Guys, can you explain me in a few simple worlds how do debt companies work?

I am looking for the one to invest in Poland but not sure we have any here!

What is the difference between such a company offer and debt consolidation credit from a bank?

Music Man,

Not really. If I predict the debt problems in society as debts in Poland are increasing in value just like in UK, the banks of course can start earning on debt consolidation in one way, but from the other side they can suffer from bad credit. I understand the companies mentioned above are somehow different from banks. They do not suffer from bad credit given earlier or I miss something?

Whay they are called debt firms not banks, anyway. What's the difference?

Albemarle & Bond Holdings PLC (ABM.L) looks like a good bet. Consistent profits, good growth and dividends. Exactly the type of company that will survive the recession we're about to hit.

I see the Debt Management companies (DFD, DEBT, ACG) have had strong gains in the last week. Anyone else here invested?

I see the Debt Management companies (DFD, DEBT, ACG) have had strong gains in the last week. Anyone else here invested?

DFD +7% Today

The only better investment I ever made was Gold.

One thing is certain to me: I must base all my investments on an economy which will soon move into recession/depression.

DFD +7% Today

The only better investment I ever made was Gold.

One thing is certain to me: I must base all my investments on an economy which will soon move into recession/depression.

I know. Very nice. I'm hoping they will break through 500p. I bought 2K's worth recently. Have some with Accuma. Bailed out of Debt Matters too early - lost my nerve, but trying to keep my cool and watch the markets, sentiment and quarterly reports.

I know. Very nice. I'm hoping they will break through 500p. I bought 2K's worth recently. Have some with Accuma. Bailed out of Debt Matters too early - lost my nerve, but trying to keep my cool and watch the markets, sentiment and quarterly reports.

The trouble is I still dont fully trust these companies as a good investment and I have no information on their fundamentals. Debt companies dont exactly spring to mind when you're looking for a good solid place to invest your cash after all. Unfortunately for that reason I only bought 2.5k worth of DFD. This always happens to me ie when I invest small amounts the companies usually do really well and the opposite goes for my large investments. The only way round that situation I've found is to average up, hence why I'm now going to start buying 1k per month of DFD.

The trouble is I still dont fully trust these companies as a good investment and I have no information on their fundamentals. Debt companies dont exactly spring to mind when you're looking for a good solid place to invest your cash after all. Unfortunately for that reason I only bought 2.5k worth of DFD. This always happens to me ie when I invest small amounts the companies usually do really well and the opposite goes for my large investments. The only way round that situation I've found is to average up, hence why I'm now going to start buying 1k per month of DFD.

Read through the quarterly reports. Remember, companies want you to think all is rosey, so read between the lines and through any spin.

Read through the quarterly reports. Remember, companies want you to think all is rosey, so read between the lines and through any spin.

Where do you get the quarterly reports? Does this include facts and figures such as profit/debt etc?

Where do you get the quarterly reports? Does this include facts and figures such as profit/debt etc?

Try their website.

On another note, nice to see DFD up again today :-)

DFD.L down a heap over the past few days. DEBT.L down about 10% today. Why are these shares being hit so badly in this downturn? Afterall, when interest rates go up and the economy really goes to cr ap these companies will surely make more money.

Could it be that they were in a bubble? Anyone know their P/E ratios?

DFD.L down a heap over the past few days. DEBT.L down about 10% today. Why are these shares being hit so badly in this downturn? Afterall, when interest rates go up and the economy really goes to cr ap these companies will surely make more money.

Could it be that they were in a bubble? Anyone know their P/E ratios?

I kinda thought that. I managed to bail out of ACG and DFD (though not at peak) and made a loss on DEBT :lol:

I notice the BBC are just reporting the stock market drop - don't mention any house price drops when it happens though do they!!

I kinda thought that. I managed to bail out of ACG and DFD (though not at peak) and made a loss on DEBT :lol:

I notice the BBC are just reporting the stock market drop - don't mention any house price drops when it happens though do they!!

Good for you :) I also bailed out of DFD last week, also missing the peak. After watching it drop 3 days in a row that was enough for me.

Heads up guys

Fledgling (CLEA) cleardebt group are "pleased" to announce its first results on 15th September 2006. Its priced at a bargain 3.5p a share at the moment, falling from 5p when first issued. 86% up on work in one of their last recent press releases. They've got to be in better position now -

I ll be watching carefully.

Will it be the next debt free direct (DFD) ???

Oh and To the above posts (DFD) are up to record highs now. 504p Its a white knuckle ride in the short term, but the fundementals are there - i.e. year on year growth in profits and dividend payout. Still a good long term investment.

Theres a self furfilling prophecy amongst traders - "sell in may" - which is true for nearly all stocks. Traders then come back in November. I read somewhere if you invested $1000 each year and sold in may and reinvested in novemeber, you ll have $millions since 1960 or something. I cant find the source. Take a good look at some EA shares. (SVS) Savilles and (CWD) countrywide have plummeted and still not recovered. SVS down from 1400 to 500p

Debt share update:

DFD - 504p

DEBT - 351p - on a small downswing but i believe its oversold

DETS - 212p - looks like a new company

ABM - 194p

ACG - 275p - looks oversold at the moment

CLEA - 3.5p

Do your own research

Edited by notanewmember

Me too - never expected it to rise so sharply. was 440p only a few weeks ago.

I've got most in my view and CLEA is the biggy, though I'm kicking myself I didn't buy them at 2.25p. Still worried about their marketting though.