House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
when.co.uk

Mornin' - Another Hopeful.

Hi all, so glad I found this site as I don't feel alone now.

I've been getting the pressures from the missus about buying a home (i'm 34 now!) but I still don't feel it's the right time so whenever she moans, I show her a few pieces of info on this site and she shuts up for a few days (better than nothing).

We're currently renting and have been for the last 2 years in a 2 bed flat costing now approx £140k in a not so desirable part of Birmingham, it's not right - for a start I can hear the bloke upstairs clearly having a wee like he's in the next room and am almost engaged in his sex life, I pity those who've bought an overpriced flat in the block (apart from those on the top floor maybe). It's not only the bloke above causing problems, its just the general problems with new builds as I feel they are just being 'knocked up' quickly for a quick sale as i'm noticing considerable problems with our rental place.

I also can't believe there are executive 2 bed en-suite apartments (in a chavvy pound shop ridden area) going up for just under £200k just round the corner from us either, lo and behold, there are half bought already and i've noticed a couple up for rent already! Mugs is all i'll say - the builders (Bloor I think) are offering a 'Buy 75% & rent 25%' offer - hmmm, bargain then after that offer :blink:

Oh, one last thing - it really grips my s**t when some mates/people I know tell me it's better to buy than rent or "pay a bit more money than rent and at least the place is yours" - and what i really want to say is......... well, i'll leave that up to your imagination, too many expletives :ph34r:

Dear when.co.uk

This is an automated response from the readers of housepricecrash.co.uk. You do not need to respond to this message.

Many people feel confused and disorientated when they find this site. Please be assured that these feelings are normal.

It is also common to experience feelings of anger, guilt, sadness, and smugness. People who have escaped from being pressured into buying an overpriced home can have very different experiences, and there is no right way of acting or responding.

Typically waiting first time buyers (WFTBs) gradually develop feelings of relief, with occasional concern for others still afflicted by Property Slavery Disorder (PSD). Many WFTBs find that regular doses of housepricecrash.co.uk are helpful, as well as careful and regular saving. Do not be concerned if you find yourself using excessive amounts of housepricecrash.co.uk; as yet there are no contra-indications to this practice, and usage typically moderates with time.

Thank you for reading this message.

housepricecrash.co.uk is a free service. You have not been charged for attending housepricecrash.co.uk

Edited by RichM

Is he into watersports?

:huh:

I'll ask his missus when I see her next ;) I think they're both alcoholics too as I hear them through the night getting up for a wazz - her sound is like an angelic waterfall and his like a raging torrent right in the centre of the water. Then he clears his throat when he's finished, not the most pleasant of sounds....

That enough info? I thought this was a house type place not some perverted fetish site :unsure::lol:

Edited by when.co.uk

Oh, one last thing - it really grips my s**t when some mates/people I know tell me it's better to buy than rent or "pay a bit more money than rent and at least the place is yours" - and what i really want to say is......... well, i'll leave that up to your imagination, too many expletives :ph34r:

Welcome!!!

On your last note, I think this will be the killer for thousands. You always here such ******** as "I know they're expensive but we struggled" or "It does not matter that its going to cost you 50% of your wages on the mortgage ..... ........... ..... .................."

And then them FATAL words...................

AT LEAST YOUR ON THE PROPERTY LADDER!

Well to all you smartass people that say this, and there are millions of you. When the property you have just bought is worth less than what you paid for it 6 months ago, and continuing to drop. I have predicated based on previous corrections that it will take about 10-14 years for it to came back to itself. See the infamous "HPC's and Reccessions Graph"

AT LEAST IM NOT ON THE PROPERTY LADDER STUCK WITH A MASSIVE DEBT AND A HOUSE THAT IS LOSING MONEY HAND OVER FIST!!!!

:lol::lol:

Whose the smart-ass now then???

;)

TB

Welcome!!!

On your last note, I think this will be the killer for thousands. You always here such ******** as "I know they're expensive but we struggled" or "It does not matter that its going to cost you 50% of your wages on the mortgage ..... ........... ..... .................."

And then them FATAL words...................

AT LEAST YOUR ON THE PROPERTY LADDER!

Well to all you smartass people that say this, and there are millions of you. When the property you have just bought is worth less than what you paid for it 6 months ago, and continuing to drop. I have predicated based on previous corrections that it will take about 10-14 years for it to came back to itself. See the infamous "HPC's and Reccessions Graph"

AT LEAST IM NOT ON THE PROPERTY LADDER STUCK WITH A MASSIVE DEBT AND A HOUSE THAT IS LOSING MONEY HAND OVER FIST!!!!

:lol::lol:

Whose the smart-ass now then???

;)

TB

Bloody smart-****! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Dear when.co.uk

This is an automated response from the readers of housepricecrash.co.uk. You do not need to respond to this message.

...snip...

housepricecrash.co.uk is a free service. You have not been charged for attending housepricecrash.co.uk

Bloody hilarious :lol: The webmaster should make that the welcome message.

I'll ask his missus when I see her next ;) I think they're both alcoholics too as I hear them through the night getting up for a wazz - her sound is like an angelic waterfall and his like a raging torrent right in the centre of the water. Then he clears his throat when he's finished, not the most pleasant of sounds....

That enough info? I thought this was a house type place not some perverted fetish site :unsure::lol:

Ah, well you haven't seen the Masked Tulip yet then :)

Guest Bart of Darkness
That enough info? I thought this was a house type place not some perverted fetish site

Yes, it's quite a convincing front I think.

(Would I have made nearly 1500 posts if this site were just about houses, how sad do you think I am?)

Hi all, so glad I found this site as I don't feel alone now.

I've been getting the pressures from the missus about buying a home (i'm 34 now!) but I still don't feel it's the right time so whenever she moans, I show her a few pieces of info on this site and she shuts up for a few days (better than nothing).

We're currently renting and have been for the last 2 years in a 2 bed flat costing now approx £140k in a not so desirable part of Birmingham, it's not right - for a start I can hear the bloke upstairs clearly having a wee like he's in the next room and am almost engaged in his sex life, I pity those who've bought an overpriced flat in the block (apart from those on the top floor maybe). It's not only the bloke above causing problems, its just the general problems with new builds as I feel they are just being 'knocked up' quickly for a quick sale as i'm noticing considerable problems with our rental place.

I also can't believe there are executive 2 bed en-suite apartments (in a chavvy pound shop ridden area) going up for just under £200k just round the corner from us either, lo and behold, there are half bought already and i've noticed a couple up for rent already! Mugs is all i'll say - the builders (Bloor I think) are offering a 'Buy 75% & rent 25%' offer - hmmm, bargain then after that offer :blink:

Hi, welcome to the site.

Im also a brummie, currently renting in Edgbaston and waiting for sanity before I buy, which area are you living in? I cant believe the amount of new builds still going up in brum.

Here is my quick list of construction sites that i know of

1400 Park Central (under construction, phase 1 completed)

232 Rotunda. (refurb)

158 Betham Tower (under construction)

350 The orion tower and building (under construction)

460 Southside (under construction)

155 Holiday Wharf (under construction)

258 Postbox (under construction)

200+ The Cube (planning permission only, marketing campaign)

300+ Arena Tower, Broad Street (planning permission only)

had a look on the coucil web site to get some stats. At the end of 2005 there were 4,310 New builds under construction. 63% of which are in the city centre. I make that 2715 new builds under construction.

Every spare bit of waste land or dodgy car park has a huge "Apartments coming soon, advertising hoarding"

Havent these people heard about the crash??????

Havent these people heard about the crash??????

Yes.... IMO there dumping there land by building and selling as fast as possible, the goverment has a future plan to tax land banks.

When the worlds tallest building or alot of skyscrapers are built the countries ecomony normally goes into recession shortly after. Most of the worlds tallest buildings werent completed until the recession was in full swing and most laid empty for years until the recession was over.

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:9Tryl...uk&ct=clnk&cd=2

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:TMgPQ...uk&ct=clnk&cd=3

The ability of the index to predict economic collapse is surprising. For

example, the Panic of 1907 was presaged by the building of the Singer Build-

ing (completed in 1908) and the Metropolitan Life Building (completed in

1909). The skyscraper index also accurately predicted the Great Depression

with the completion of 40 Wall Tower in 1929, the Chrysler Building in 1930,

and the Empire State Building in 1931. There are, however, important excep-

tions in the ability of the index to predict, so the first question is: how good

of a predictor is the skyscraper index?

Edited by moosetea