House Price Crash Forum

Let Them Spin To Their Hearts Content

By-Tor

HOLA441

We all know the cliff is looming.

It is inevitable. We know this.

So why try to stop it?

Lets get the pain over sooner, lets all agree with the bulls that we know.

Singing Plonkers, TMF, Daily Mail forums, all the rest, lets all agree with them.

But keep the reality, reason and sanity here.

So that when the last bugger has fallen over the cliff we can take the easy path down.

Beacuse the sooner it is forced to happen the sooner we can get on with property ownership at sane levels.

Seriously, what do you reckon, would the bluff work?

(Or has the VI spin just got to me, bit like the Floyd lyrics, "the lunatic is on the path" etc.)

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest Winners and Losers

So why try to stop it?

Singing Plonkers, TMF, Daily Mail forums, all the rest, lets all agree with them.

So that when the last bugger has fallen over the cliff we can take the easy path down.

Beacuse the sooner it is forced to happen the sooner we can get on with property ownership at sane levels.

(Or has the VI spin just got to me, bit like the Floyd lyrics, "the lunatic is on the path" etc.)

Great post. I have been giving serious consideration to the reverse psycology effect lately. Still working on my theory.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Winners and Losers

Works wonders, especially combined with exaggerations. Makes 'em see the daftness of their own words

(see signature below for further info.. ;) )

Ah, I see. Point 4 - so that's how I've ended up in this god damn tent! You forgot to add that you need to be in it for the long term. :lol::lol:

Works wonders, especially combined with exaggerations. Makes 'em see the daftness of their own words

(see signature below for further info.. ;) )

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA446

I have to say the spin has been overwhealming thoughout 2005, and to be honest it has been successful to date (especially with interest rates).

I shall be looking out for the stories saying how prices have tripled student towns, how BTL landlords are living it up in France. When this non-news starts, you know it's getting tough for the market..!

HOLA447
Guest Winners and Losers

I have to say the spin has been overwhealming thoughout 2005, and to be honest it has been successful to date (especially with interest rates).

I shall be looking out for the stories saying how prices have tripled student towns, how BTL landlords are living it up in France. When this non-news starts, you know it's getting tough for the market..!

My feeling is that it will all go quiet while the VI's pick themselves off the floor and collect their thoughts...

HOLA448

So why try to stop it?

Because the sooner it is forced to happen the sooner we can get on with property ownership at sane levels.

:huh: You got me thinking....

... but what if we are part of a cleverly designed feedback loop... forever persuading just enough people

not to buy and just enough people to drop prices so that the overall trend is stagnation?

I already have persuaded people to see the market from our point of view but now

you mention it... maybe we should keep mum. It's a bit of a conspiracy theory but do you think

the blatant spin is design by the powers that be so there is a small intelligent minority of

people who notice the discrepancies and then go on to form groups like this? Would it be possible to

engineer this?

I have already warned close friends and family. Maybe I should stop spreading the word as it

may delay or even lead to years of stagnation... :blink:

Almost matrix'ish... are we Zion? Are we balancing the equation?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Winners and Losers

Quite appropriate. It looks like Pete Burns has undergone considerable modernisation and is fully refurbished.

Billy Shears

Yeah, Pete Burns never goes down. :P

:huh: You got me thinking....

... but what if we are part of a cleverly designed feedback loop... forever persuading just enough people

not to buy and just enough people to drop prices so that the overall trend is stagnation?

I already have persuaded people to see the market from our point of view but now

you mention it... maybe we should keep mum. It's a bit of a conspiracy theory but do you think

the blatant spin is design by the powers that be so there is a small intelligent minority of

people who notice the discrepancies and then go on to form groups like this? Would it be possible to

engineer this?

I have already warned close friends and family. Maybe I should stop spreading the word as it

may delay or even lead to years of stagnation... :blink:

Almost matrix'ish... are we Zion? Are we balancing the equation?

I have thought this too - still working on my theory. Have been tossing around the idea of keeping Mum. Will the more sheeple buying at over inflated prices now create a bigger crash? Are we being too hasty? I for one, am happy to wait.

HOLA4412

Yeah, Pete Burns never goes down. :P

I have thought this too - still working on my theory. Have been tossing around the idea of keeping Mum. Will the more sheeple buying at over inflated prices now create a bigger crash? Are we being too hasty? I for one, am happy to wait.

Same here. I only 21, so waiting is not a problem. I think that things are really starting to unravel. All the signs are now apparent. much more than last year.

Maybe it wont be a crash but a deflation of prices over 5-10 years. Japanese style.

:P

HOLA4413
Guest Winners and Losers

Same here. I only 21, so waiting is not a problem. I think that things are really starting to unravel. All the signs are now apparent. much more than last year.

Maybe it wont be a crash but a deflation of prices over 5-10 years. Japanese style.

:P

Oh, to be 21 again. On second thoughts, I take that back. The dirty thirties are much better! ;)

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418