House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Nearly Half Of Ftb's Need Help From Family To Get On Ladder

Watched 'Homes under the hammer' this morning.

2 out of the 3 wrecks that were featured were bought by the parents :huh: and they weren't cheap either.

My own parents did give me 2k towards my house purchase back in 1991 but weren't happy when I sold it and squandered that 2k away so I know they won't be helping me out again :D .

The way it's going I can't see how I'd be able to help any of my 3 out in the future either.

Incidentally I sold that house in 1995 for £44,500. Next door, an identical property, is currently on the market for £122,500.

Watched 'Homes under the hammer' this morning.

2 out of the 3 wrecks that were featured were bought by the parents :huh: and they weren't cheap either.

My own parents did give me 2k towards my house purchase back in 1991 but weren't happy when I sold it and squandered that 2k away so I know they won't be helping me out again :D .

The way it's going I can't see how I'd be able to help any of my 3 out in the future either.

Incidentally I sold that house in 1995 for £44,500. Next door, an identical property, is currently on the market for £122,500.

I looked at buying a house in Bristol in 1998 - £52k for a 3-bed semi. For various reason i.e. mobility required for job I didn't buy.

Now I've almost got that amount as a deposit but I'd still require £130K mortgage to buy it at todays prices.

That's how stupid things are.