House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
killerbee

Life After Hpc

Hi all

It's just occurred to me that hpc is my first stop on the internet and that it will be redundant soon ( after the crash).

This will create a void in my surfing life. The cycle to the next bubble, going by the last one, is not until 2022.

Maybe we can just rename the site otherwise I'm going to miss you guys. (violins in the background)

Killerbee

up the bees

Guest Winners and Losers

Itoldyouso.co.uk - Where we can waste our time gloating.

Edited by Winners and Losers

Hi all

It's just occurred to me that hpc is my first stop on the internet and that it will be redundant soon ( after the crash).

There’s no rush – I think we will all still be waiting in 10 years

Dare I say it, I would not be too upset if prices jumped further. Although I believe it's impossible.

At least that way I would have time to scrape a larger deposit together.

I'm a bit younger than most here, so have not had as long to save.

Hi all

This will create a void in my surfing life. The cycle to the next bubble, going by the last one, is not until 2022.

Maybe we can just rename the site otherwise I'm going to miss you guys. (violins in the background)

Killerbee

up the bees

just how soon do you think the crash will happen? I think this site will be at its best over the next few years, reporting price falls whilst the VIs are still trying to ramp the market up. There's plenty of life and purpose for this site, yet... ;)

We'll all become amateur BTL landlords who rent to the DSS tenants (including TTRTR after the crash ;) ).

This website will acquire and adopt the domain - Singingpig.co.uk - from the other site when it expires through lack of interest...

Then the site's moto will become "Four Legs Good, Two Legs Better".

Hi all

Killerbee

up the bees

Not that soon unfortunately...

I think the aftermath will be similar to the dot-com boom, lots of denial, everyone telling you they knew it was going to happen.

BTL will become a dirty word, while estate agents will be telling people there's never been a better time to buy.

Kirstie will have moved to the country to have babies and forget all the people that she led to financial ruin.

Very few people will learn any lessons.

I think the aftermath will be similar to the dot-com boom, lots of denial, everyone telling you they knew it was going to happen.

BTL will become a dirty word, while estate agents will be telling people there's never been a better time to buy.

Kirstie will have moved to the country to have babies and forget all the people that she led to financial ruin.

I think for those of you with a significant number of smug owners that your really waiting to get commupance on, now is the time to keep a diary - the situation won't last more than a year. Every time someone says something stupid and smug, pull out your diary in full view clasp it tightly to your chest and squint and grimmace as you scribble a note of what they said and the date and time to the minute.

That will mean that come the crash you will be able to pull your notebook at and say "But at 3.42 on wendnesday the 21st of Febrary 2006 you said to me in clear earshot of the following witnesses..."

Suspect most of you will be drawing a pension by the time you get to see a house price crash

:lol:

By which time you will probably have paid enough rent to buy two houses ......... for other people of course.

:lol:

Dunno about that, I'll freely admit the dot com thing took me by complete surprise. But I was young and stupider and definitely learned a lesson about economic cycles from it. But hey, maybe I'm slower than all the other people who made so much money from the slump :)

One person I've chatted to pointing out potential rate rises and the fact that negative equity might trap them forever in their newbuild shoebox 10 miles from the city outskirts retorted that clearly I was just jealous. I may indulge myself with just one 'I told you so' in that person's case when it all goes south :)

how about

www.energywars.com

and

www.actually i quite liked it when the only thing i had to moan about was a housepricebubble.com

or

www.shootgreenspan.com

and

www.ahsothatswhatstagflationmeans.com

Edited by RobertPaulson