House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winners and Losers

Hpc Was On Fire Last Night

Guest Winners and Losers

Do you think that the more spin the VI's and media generate, the more people stumble across this site or actually look for HPC news? Or do they know we exist and come to see how we counter the spin? How did you get here? Were you recommended, looking for crash info or just happened upon it? I was searching for uk housing price 'analysis' on google, trying to get a more realistic picture and stumbled, I think.

Well I treat my Google bar like a magic 8 ball.

I typed in something like 'will there be a house price crash?' and voila!

I was looking for stuff on the 80s/90s correction to prove to myself I wasn't mad, and that prices shouldn't be that high, then I found this whole community of fellow believers. That was a glorious day.

Was looking to buy/sort myself out financally and found it linked from the moneysavingexpert.com property forums..

At the time I was looking to buy the cheapest house available in a roughish area, only 100% more than the 2003 prices :blink:

My offer was declined, even tho it was the highest :o (an offer had been agreed in morning). It was a lucky escape and at least now I'm better prepared.

Guest Winners and Losers

It is interesting to see how many people are actually looking for HPC stuff. That must say something about sentiment???

It is interesting to see how many people are actually looking for HPC stuff. That must say something about sentiment???

I typed "will there be a house price crash" in google after almost resigning myself to being alone in the world with my crash thoughts

I'm almost sure I heard about this website on Radio 2, around the middle of 2004, on Miles Mendoza's website of the week slot (Steve Wright in the afternoon).

Guest Bart of Darkness

Can't remember exactly how I found this place. I used to visit the This Is Money forum and probably saw it mentioned there. My visits to their forum soon stopped once I'd registered here.

I googled house price crash as I just couldn't, and still cant believe, how expensive they are.

Admittedly I do own a house, but I bought in '99 which in hindsight, was very fortunate. 3 bed, terrace with garage in a close for £101k. That was 3 times my salary then.

Now that I've been here 6 years, if I wanted to "move up the ladder" I would have to borrow a shite load

more to make it worth while, and couldn't actually afford to buy much more than I have.

Its no wonder that FTBers are finding it hard, people like me cant move up the chain and are still occupying houses that FTBers would ideally buy.

So much for the ladder, its well and truely broke. The next rung is out of reasonable reach, and I earn a very decent salary.

What do we do, take out 40 year mortgages? Its not sustainable and I cant believe how many people are still buying now. I feel sorry for them taking on that massive mortgage based upon the greedy spin from the VI's.

I'm well and truely getting very negative about this whole media world we live in. Time to switch off.

Google 'house price crash' 2004. voila

And a majority of the info on here has come true so far.

I think it will take us to the crash, and we can all be happy and collectively save literally millions of £'s through a little knowledge.

I just googled 'house price' and now I'm addicted to HPC. It's good to know I'm not the only one convinced of an imminent crash.

I though 2006, time for the prices to come down. I earn a fair whack and even I would struggle to pay off a sizeable mortgage

Was renting a house off a mate (on the cheap). New he'd paid 102K back end of 01 and new somethin wasn't right when he offered to sell it me for 187K (poss as low as 185K LOL) mid 04.

I knew price had been goin up but hadn't watched that closely and thought that can't be right.

Did a bit of research and found this site.

Moved into rented accom, pay less rent than interest on mortgage would be (the crucial factor) while still saving up and and stoozing. Have the ability to move at a months notice with only the cost of a removals van if I want. Have all my appliance etc fixed when they break for free (so far washer, boiler and shower and this is a relatively new build from 00/01) and don't pay the maintenace charges. Sweet. I can live with magnolia walls for all that.

I watched him take a year to sell it for eventually 166k (still too high in my opinion).

Do you think that the more spin the VI's and media generate, the more people stumble across this site or actually look for HPC news? Or do they know we exist and come to see how we counter the spin? How did you get here? Were you recommended, looking for crash info or just happened upon it? I was searching for uk housing price 'analysis' on google, trying to get a more realistic picture and stumbled, I think.

I just typed into the search engine, ‘ who’s been a naughty girl, this weekend!’

and got a GAL BEAR thread? :blink:

I was looking for pictures of nude women with hairy legs..

but I have always been rubbish at my search queries..

Seriously though I was looking to buy a flat in 2003/4 or whenever it was now.. and I couldn't help but think that

£170,000 is an awful lot for a small rubbish new build flat.

£170,000 would be an awful lot to borrow..

£170,000 I earn more then most of my peers in this area how the hell could I legally borrow this amount?

I had been approaching the Police, FSA and Government to do something about fradulent mortgages for ages.. and all of them either ignored me, made some pitiful comment about "The rules being in place" or as the Police actually did say "Its not in the countries best interest" Well done serious fraud squad.. anyway the police on an individual level can be good people.

Just as an organisation aware of this fraud means that they are complicit to a fraud by their refusual to act on the fraud, meaning that members of the police who own homes have directly profited from a crime that they are allowing to continue..

Climb of soap box...

The inflation iritated the hell out of me, but was making someone I worked with seriously ill.. So I looked into this.

and thank you HPC, the flat mentioned above was offered to me in 2005 (late, but pre sipps pull out) for

£130,000

Glad I didn't buy.

I have gained a lot from this site.. I have lost all respect for the Government and the BBC and that is a shame..

We have a government who lies to us over numerous things and thinks it is right to do so, we have a press that we are forced to pay for that is either a pawn of this government or has other VI influence

We have a poplution containing those who believe the spin and who are allowed year after year access to unlimited funds through allowed fraudulent borrowing methods..

What do I have?

The knowledge that there has never once in history been a bubble that did not burst.

and I have

Http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk

Thank you all, you have kept me sane :)

Edited by apom

I googled house price crash as I just couldn't, and still cant believe, how expensive they are.

Admittedly I do own a house, but I bought in '99 which in hindsight, was very fortunate. 3 bed, terrace with garage in a close for £101k. That was 3 times my salary then.

Now that I've been here 6 years, if I wanted to "move up the ladder" I would have to borrow a shite load

more to make it worth while, and couldn't actually afford to buy much more than I have.

Its no wonder that FTBers are finding it hard, people like me cant move up the chain and are still occupying houses that FTBers would ideally buy.

So much for the ladder, its well and truely broke. The next rung is out of reasonable reach, and I earn a very decent salary.

What do we do, take out 40 year mortgages? Its not sustainable and I cant believe how many people are still buying now. I feel sorry for them taking on that massive mortgage based upon the greedy spin from the VI's.

I'm well and truely getting very negative about this whole media world we live in. Time to switch off.

This is me too in a nut shell.

Want a bigger house away from our horrible neighbours. Earn very decent money but feel trapped because the next jump is ridiculas.

Properties are not selling at the moment in our area but its a stand off between sellers in denial and pessimistic buyers. The buyers will dictate the market - they always do. They drive prices up - but also down.

Its just going to be slow in my opinion.

I had already sold to rent and made up my mind that there could be a crash before I came to this site.

I just had (have) some doubts and thought it would be good to argue them with a bunch of people who can not see (or want to hear) anything other than a crash

Guest Winners and Losers

Was looking for house price info on the BBC website and accidentally searched the web instead.

That was no accident YG, it was fate.

Some friends of mine (FTBs) had bought a house in Scotland for almost 300k. He earns about 25k and she doesn't work; she's a student. I literally couldn't believe how they could take on, let alone be able to borrow, that amount of debt. I started thinking about buying and was in despair looking on Rightmove etc. at the prices in my area and calculating what I and my partner could afford. There was literally nothing below 130k-150k apart from retirement flats, park homes (WTF? A caravan for 90K? :o ) and shared ownership studio flats. I had read a leader in The Economist about overvalued house prices and in desperation typed that into Google, and somehow ended up here..... :) It's saved my sanity!

HPC on fire last night. Police are looking for a fat female celebrity estate agent seen with a box of matches muttering "prices only go up" near the scene of the crime. :D