House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THOR33

Bullying At Primary School!

Thought it was April the 1st yesterday or I was in a f****** time warp....Anyone see the Sun front page about the obviously GROWN up woman who was awarded £20,000 for being bullied whilst at primary school and this OBVIOUSLY scarred her for life????????

This country is going down the pan if we can award money like this to anyone.....Always makes me think of youngsters in Africa who see horror and bloodshed and grow up stronger from these atrocities...compare that with bullying(not defending bullying, please dont get me wrong) but, this payout is simply STUPID?

Any, but ANY comments please!!!!!!!

I thought it was ridiculous. Can I sue for the caning I got in '83?

EXACTLY, or the ferocity of he punishment with rulers, canes etc etc which equally would have caused trauma for SOME????????????????

Half my teachers were psycho’s and watching them crossing the school playground was like the parting of the Red Sea. Every child ensuring they were not within arms length.

We had one Art Teacher who spent a lesson demonstrating a strangle hold he had learned in the Chiddits. He was so enthusiastic that one boy turned blue and it took six of us to pull him off.

Oh how we laughed.

Bullying is soul destroying ...... and probably a million kids haave suffered it ...... so do they all get 20 grand ??

No they all should not get 20 grand. BUT any educator who knowing lets a child be bullied should have to pay 20 grand.

Bullying can have very serious effects. It can screw you up for life. Bully targets quite often kill themselves or at least try to. This woman tried to kill herself. Read my website http://www.bullyeq.com/ :angry: :angry:

I've just read through your site, very interesting.

At the bottom of this page your writing style becomes quite terse

Could you be accused of bullying those you indict?

Bullying can have very serious effects. It can screw you up for life. Bully targets quite often kill themselves or at least try to. This woman tried to kill herself. Read my website http://www.bullyeq.com/ :angry: :angry:

I have every sympathy with those that genuinely get bullied.

But compensation 20 years later? Hmm

I have every sympathy with those that genuinely get bullied.

But compensation 20 years later? Hmm

I need to clarify this. State educators dont do the job my taxes are paying them to do, ie. protect children from bullying, so the victim gets compensation from my taxes to redress this. When is the public sector ever going to have any accountability?

I need to clarify this. State educators dont do the job my taxes are paying them to do, ie. protect children from bullying, so the victim gets compensation from my taxes to redress this. When is the public sector ever going to have any accountability?

These are the results of years of touchy feely , liberally, social worker type interference in the education system.

There are no longer any consequences for loutish or violent behaviour in our schools.

The teachers are not allowed to protect themselves so how are they going to protect your kids. :angry:

Limpet

These are the results of years of touchy feely , liberally, social worker type interference in the education system.

There are no longer any consequences for loutish or violent behaviour in our schools.

The teachers are not allowed to protect themselves so how are they going to protect your kids. :angry:

Limpet

Limpet has it in a nutshell

The teachers who taught me more than 40 years ago were tough self-reliant men who largely had come into teaching after their war service. Few if any of them had degrees and most of them would not last a day in a modern school without being suspended or even arrested. But they had low tolerance for bulling believing that if anyone was going to hand out violence it was going to be them.

The present situation where teachers are frightened of children half their size is unnatural and does not advantage the children who grow up believing there are no consequences resulting from rudeness or verbal abuse. An ex-work colleague of mine in his twenties was hammered by a very large bouncer outside a pub. When I visited him in hospital he expressed astonishment that he had been assaulted because “I only told him to piss off”.