House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fingers

Gas Prices Going Up, Electricity Meters

I've just had my electricity bill. It's based on an estimated reading and it's 20% cheaper than it should be. It strikes me that if they put the prices up and take an actual reading, then I'll pay for the 20% at the new, higher rate, and therefore I ought to phone in the actual reading and pay it now.

The logical extension is that if I read the meter after a few beers, and get a digit wrong so that I pay 30% too much, then I get this 30% at the current, cheap, rates.

Am I missing something?

Fingers

I've just had my electricity bill. It's based on an estimated reading and it's 20% cheaper than it should be. It strikes me that if they put the prices up and take an actual reading, then I'll pay for the 20% at the new, higher rate, and therefore I ought to phone in the actual reading and pay it now.

The logical extension is that if I read the meter after a few beers, and get a digit wrong so that I pay 30% too much, then I get this 30% at the current, cheap, rates.

Am I missing something?

Fingers

Under-estimating bills before a price rise does seem to happen a lot <_< (check out the utilities forums on moneysavingexpert.com).

Defo give them a correct reading so they can't over charge you... Your call on overcharging yourself...