House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred

House Prices Have Fallen... Haven't They?

I wonder if anybody can help me.

From what I have read on this site house prices have already started to fall (albeit not by much yet). I read somewhere on here recently that prices had fallen in all 58 areas of England bar 3. One was Central London, one was West Yorkshire and I'm not sure what the last one was.

Today I was having a discussion with people at work and they reckon the BBC have said house prices went up 6% last year. They asked what my source was for them going down but I can’t find the post on here again. Being the BBC they obviously believe everything they say.

Does anybody have data to show a fall in prices that I can show them?

Thanks

Fred

From what I have read on this site house prices have already started to fall (albeit not by much yet). I read somewhere on here recently that prices had fallen in all 58 areas of England bar 3. One was Central London, one was West Yorkshire and I'm not sure what the last one was.

Today I was having a discussion with people at work and they reckon the BBC have said house prices went up 6% last year. They asked what my source was for them going down but I can’t find the post on here again. Being the BBC they obviously believe everything they say.

Thanks

Fred

Here is a start. These are figures for greater london... from the BBC!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...ml/region10.stm

Thanks

Fred

Do you mean 'asking prices' are up but 'selling prices' are down?

Thanks

Fred

Some good stats are in the ODPM survey and the land registry. Your best bet is to pick out some areas relevant to your colleagues (otherwise they will always come back with "yes but area X won't fall because...."). You can find a lot of individual areas falling, especially in the South.

Try this page: BBC page on house prices type in a postcode in the right hand column. You then get a very handy summary of annual and quarterly price changes from the Land Registry of that area and the surrounding areas.

frugalista

The last one to post on expats sums it up for me

the house prices arent rising

we had a valuer round this week and he told us it was worth 25k less than it was 4 months ago??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

i cant work it all out just adds to the stress