House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A Fool & His Borrowed Money

Tonight Trevor Mcdonut & Kirsty Allsop

Could this be the perfect excuse, the thing to blame everything on? Summer 2007, that's perfect timing.

It was all cool before the government came along and screwed it up!

Hrm, problems with valuations, and the valuers will want to see the HIPS no doubt!

Edited by BuyingBear

Sorry guys, I can't watch this VI b***s*** anymore

Interview after interview of greedy, selfish VI's talking about how these packs will slow their profits down...

Another says "prices will SOAR!!"

I heard that - yes, golly - imagine!!! :lol::lol:

Did you hear pompous EA saying that sellers simply won't 'bring their properties forward' (he means 'put them on the market', or 'try to sell them', presumably). This will stop up to 30% of people who want to sell from selling. :o:o:o (They'll never just add a grand to the already preposterous price, of course not. What's another grand, hell, add two, add five, yeehah.)

So I'm convinced by these bleating VIs. I'm going to write to my MP about this immediately - it's going to cause property market chaos. Again, goodness, what would that be like??!! :lol::lol:

Kirsty says it will muddle the buyer, as they hardly ever see surveys in their life time and they will be very confused! They'd be puzzled and things are bad enough as it is, the last thing they'd need is a dose of reality before they view a property.

VI's out in force, they're a tight bunch and react in interesting ways when under pressure.

Edited by BuyingBear

Woodworm... looks like Maitland's just blown any chance of a sale at his asking price and probably detered a fair few viewings being aired on national TV.

Woodworm... looks like Maitland's just blown any chance of a sale at his asking price and probably detered a fair few viewings being aired on national TV.

He sold most of his BTL's in 2003 when he saw the market peaking.

So, Kirsty is now THE Official Oracle for the UK housing market. You can't have an item on TV about housing without interviewing her royal self.

Excuse me while I shoot myself

This is good! More clips for the archive, when things turn sour she will be the poster girl! They will laugh at her procrastinations the same way they laughed at Pets.com.

Am I the only person who thinks these HIPs actually sound like a good idea?

The premise that they will put off buyers is nullified if everyone has to prepare one. Plus, people will get used to the realities they bring - that ALL properties have faults, and its best if all parties know about them ASAP

Guest Riser

Classic Kirsty

The market is driven by Deaths, Divorce, debt, and marriage.

No mention of FTB then, maybe because they are at a record low.

This is going to put an end to those impulse buyers who decide to sell up and move to the other side of town due to the associated costs of HPI's, only the governemt are going to gain

What about Stamp duty Krusty ? does she really think that an extra 1k to a 8k stamp duty bill will make any difference.

Kirsty is against HPI because they will mark a shift in power away from estate agents towards buyers and sollicitors.

There is no conceivable and reasonable argument against the introduction of HIPS. For once the Govt has got it spot on, particularly the uncanny timing when the market will be as soft as Kirsty`s delicate lily white thighs..or Teddy Boy faced with having to give her one :P

Am I the only person who thinks these HIPs actually sound like a good idea?

I guess they are ok if you don't have a property to sell with minor structural damage. Looks like when I trade up my place will have to go in the auction. I'm hoping they won't be required for an auction

Who is this twit?

Hey, I knew I wrote 'tw@t' first time round - it came up as 'twit'. I changed it back to 'tw@t' and it's changed back to 'twit' again.

Mods, what are you doing to us?

Does twot work?

You can see why the all the VIs are upset though, can't you? Imagine all that reduced duplication in effort, not being able to charge for umpteen surveys on one home (unless of course it is overpriced and is on the market over 6 months!). The government chappess hit the nail on the head with that one - no Blairspeak either! Or am I immune now?

btp