House Price Crash Forum
cupidstunt

Interesting Comments On The Mse Website

This comment on www.moneysavingexpert.com

"Last year this site had more viewings in the housing forum than anywhere else. I notice now 87 are viewing the debt forum with 27 viewing the housing forum and it's going to get worse"

It would be interesting to see the overall website hits MSE is getting now. I wouldn't be suprised to see a massive increase in the number of hits, mirroring HPC's growth.

Well the site itself is non-profit making - but he must be doing OK out of his TV appearances and column writing.

Not surprised about the change in stats - I ocassionally look at the debt and housing forums - and there's been a definate shift in actvity.

I think he does make money from the site via affiliate links in the articles- although he doesn't base his recommendation on whether a product earns him a cut or not (I have seen articles where none of his recommended products have an affiliate scheme).

As for how much he makes- apparently he recently bought a house in Kensington for cash. I was going to post about how it wasn't very moneysaving to buy a house at the top of the biggest housing bubble in history, but I thought better of it :ph34r:.

As for how much he makes- apparently he recently bought a house in Kensington for cash. I was going to post about how it wasn't very moneysaving to buy a house at the top of the biggest housing bubble in history, but I thought better of it :ph34r:.

Whilst the rest of the UK is a serious bubble, house prices in Kensington will not fall, if they do it won't be by much.

I think he does make money from the site via affiliate links in the articles- although he doesn't base his recommendation on whether a product earns him a cut or not (I have seen articles where none of his recommended products have an affiliate scheme).

Fair enough he's bought at the top of a bubble but he bought for cash which means no crazy interest dependancy and its probably a family home rather than BTL.

As people realise this debt bubble mess we're in and start to browse the net for advice the moneysavingexpert site is going to make him enough dough to buy a few more houses...

Wish I'd thought of it first TBH - good thinking that man!

- Pye (Property Speculation Ninja :ph34r: )

It would be interesting to see the overall website hits MSE is getting now. I wouldn't be suprised to see a massive increase in the number of hits, mirroring HPC's growth.

think the graph says it all ;)

graph.png

post-4166-1140556412.png

Edited by feltsorryfor

Guest Winners and Losers

In medieval England, a large proportion thought the Earth was flat

;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought the moon was made of cheese until I came to HPC. Derr?

Anyway, I voted for a +20% fall.

Fair enough he's bought at the top of a bubble but he bought for cash which means no crazy interest dependancy and its probably a family home rather than BTL.

As people realise this debt bubble mess we're in and start to browse the net for advice the moneysavingexpert site is going to make him enough dough to buy a few more houses...

Not neccessarily. Many of the best properties only appear at the top of the market. I remember two friends purchasing property at the top of the last boom (in 1989 and 1990) and only one house on that Street went on the market in the following ten years.

Guest The_Oldie

Just to explain, in case anyone notices their thread appears to be missing, there were three threads started on this subject so I've merged them all together to reduce clutter.

I've noticed that stinking pig has an 'autorefresh' on most of its pages. Every few seconds the page refreshes (or parts of it do). Now I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that ollie is doing it to bump up his page impressions because he has cpm deals that pay him by the page impression

perhaps someone should report the cheating little scumbag to google, and his advertisers...

Oh my god!!! I've just been on MonkeyShavingExperience.

I am appaled and ashamed. How can the British teaching system be so dire, that people can remain so financially uneducated? Depressing.

How the F**K can someone run up £31k on credit cards and not think to themselves that there might, just might, be a problem?

Banks are debt pedlers. Like junk food manufacturers, they need to sell harmfull products, products that will damage the long term financial health of the consumer.

Bringing forward consumption at the cost of consumption foregone is a reasonable tradeoff only in certain conditions.

Why not give the kids a fighting chance and have an hour of financial literacy every week? Perhaps because the teachers unions would revolt? I detect a hint of something sinister, possibly a political decision to make the people more controllable?

These are probably the leading lemmings, still on dry land, running towards the cliff top, having scented the hint of danger and are able to stop. What happens when the real pack, those who roll their debts from one instrument to the other, join the herd? A very rocky ride awaits.

I am now firmly convinced that once the cycle turns, we are headed for a recession.

You can say that again !! Simple idea, and what he does pretty much anybody can do really ....

MSE and the www.milliondollarhomepage.com - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4585026.stm

It's all about "right place, right time" ..... and yes, you bet I'm frikkin jealous ..... !!

You can say that again !! Simple idea, and what he does pretty much anybody can do really ....

MSE and the www.milliondollarhomepage.com - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4585026.stm

It's all about "right place, right time" ..... and yes, you bet I'm frikkin jealous ..... !!

And HPC.... this site is as popular as MSE was just over a year ago! I wonder what money could be made out of this site, i just hope webmaster doesnt sell out!

Edited by moosetea