House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

House Price Resurgance

So thats it guys & Gals. Might as well shut up shop, rename the website wewerewrong.com and rush down the bank to make an appointment with the mortgage advisor!

They also had a quick load of waffle/spin from Miles W*nkside of Rightmove. Seems that everythings coming up roses!

So thats it guys & Gals. Might as well shut up shop, rename the website wewerewrong.com and rush down the bank to make an appointment with the mortgage advisor!

They also had a quick load of waffle/spin from Miles W*nkside of Rightmove. Seems that everythings coming up roses!

It beggars belief.

The BBC are ****ing c**ts, largely.

We all know Rightmove's game...inflate value before they are taken over. The BBC quoting them with no analysis - no sideways glance - nothing is tanatamount to hawking Rightmove for them. I thought the reason we paid a Licence Fee was so that we dont have to put up with advertising.

It beggars belief.

The BBC are ****ing c**ts, largely.

We all know Rightmove's game...inflate value before they are taken over. The BBC quoting them with no analysis - no sideways glance - nothing is tanatamount to hawking Rightmove for them. I thought the reason we paid a Licence Fee was so that we dont have to put up with advertising.

If memory serves me correctly, wasn't it the BBC that said Rightmove's data was unreliable? What is going to happen when Nationwide report a fall of .3% for example?

At least the B o E are taking notice and are moving more toward tightening than remaining neutral on IR!

Guest Winners and Losers

That's it! I'm off to get my 100% interest only mortgage to pay the full asking price, or more if I have to, right now.

And this is the ONLY news most people see. Only a few hundred see the indepth reports on this site. I know many who don't even read a daily paper. Unless the vast majority are personally affected by loosing job, hike in their IR.....why do they need to worry? If they can afford to pay the mortgage repayments on low fixed deals what will stop some from buying?

What i have found staggering is even on this site, members know friends/family who are still buying, including FTB's......so we know for that there is some truth in this news b/c members here are talking about individuals THEY KNOW who are buying. I am not trying to inflame the issue and if you need me to find the examples i will. So even after being advised by someone on these boards with all this info to hand they STILL have gone ahead and purchased.....how about the majority who take "advice" from BBC, mate down pub etc, father who tells them "property only ever goes up".......

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

I've just been watching this as well

Unbelievable spin and hype with comments from the presenter such as

"If your not on the property ladder..."

"Good news if your a property owner..."

Clearly they see the signs of a massive crash and don't care what's said as long as it keeps people spending their way out of this

Wonder how long the public can cope esp with rampant (not just housing) inflation...

Edited by dnd

Yep, we were all wrong! I'm off down the bank tomorrow morning to arrange a 10x salary interest only mortgage on a ground floor bedsit... :rolleyes:

Guest Winners and Losers

Yep, we were all wrong! I'm off down the bank tomorrow morning to arrange a 10x salary interest only mortgage on a ground floor bedsit... :rolleyes:

Better fix for 10 years too.

I dunno why you guys are so upset. Its obvious. By the end of the year the average house will be selling for 250K and by the end of 2008 it will be 400K. Of course, the whole of Britain will have ricketts since nobody will be able to eat, but you know the score. The bulls were right. HOUSE PRICES ONLY EVER GO UP. Buy a tent now. Surely you have saved enough to do that?

EDIT:

Sorry forgot to mention, Tent prices only ever go up.

Edited by Elizabeth

I'm glad this website is up - I don't think I could resist the constant spin without you guys - too powerful

I'm just waiting for 20x multipliers when interest rates are @ 0%...

Edited by dnd