House Price Crash Forum

Abbey Building Society Say Loans Are Soaring For:

HOLA441

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-and-lo...35&in_page_id=9

The number of people borrowing money to pay for
cosmetic surgery has soared by a half during the past year, a bank said today.
Abbey said it had seen a 50% increase in the number of people taking out a personal loan to pay for cosmetic surgery during the first two weeks of January compared with the same period of 2005.
The rise in demand was beaten only by people taking out a loan to pay their tax bill, which was 68% higher than it had been during the first fortnight of last year.

How long can it all last? Borrowing to pay taxes and to enlarge body parts! Could "I'm oop North" be behind the latter? :lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443

Possibly the two dumbest reasons for taking out a loan I've ever heard.

How poor must your planning be to need a loan for your tax bill?

Borrowing money for nicer tits? If you're a stripper can you write it off as a tax expense? Or would you need two loans?

HOLA444
HOLA445

The whole economy is going to go tits up at this rate, it will only take one wobble to take it all down.

Borrowing money for nicer tits? If you're a stripper can you write it off as a tax expense?

I don't even want to know what happens in the case of a default and subsequent possession orders.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest Winners and Losers

I get it, if I just incorporate large breasts into my titles I will stay on the top of the pile for ages. Yawn.

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4413

Do breast implants have to be replaced every 10 years? The total cost using MEW for implants must be a fair wedge of money.

A young lady at work mentioned her boyfriend is going to pay for hers. The converstaion then moved on from the extra lolly from his house to how interest rates wouldn't be going up? How over the life of a mortgage you can make a claim like that is beyond me?

Anyway he must really love her :P LOL .

Mr Joe.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Its an interesting commentary on values. The media are telling women that they are defective unless their breasts meet a certain standard. What will happen if the fashion media revert back to the "Champagne Glass" standard next year?

IMHO fake Bristols are disgoosting. The world's sexiest women have natural breasts.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4416
Guest Winners and Losers

Personally I like small, pert breasts like on Salma Hayek and Julia Roberts and Halle Berry etc ..... whats the deal about having mountain size melons ??

Excuse me? Salma Hayek? Small pert breasts? Overload, overload....

HOLA4417

Do breast implants have to be replaced every 10 years?

The need for further surgery is very high.

A young lady at work mentioned her boyfriend is going to pay for hers. The converstaion then moved on from the extra lolly from his house to how interest rates wouldn't be going up? How over the life of a mortgage you can make a claim like that is beyond me?

Anyway he must really love her :P LOL .

Or HATE her!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Dunno whether to laugh or cry at news like this. If they're borrowing to pay a tax bill doesn't that suggest a lot of self employed people will be going bust next year?

On the breast question - natural is best.

I'm self employed and I'm currently having to wait increasingly long periods for invoices to be paid. When I had to pay my tax bill recently I was owed more than double what I had to pay in tax. It depends how people budget for their tax bill but it doesn't necessarily mean they are not doing well if they have to borrow - but it does point to things generally getting tighter and more uncomfortable.

...I'm natural too :unsure:

HOLA4421

Its an interesting commentary on values. The media are telling women that they are defective unless their breasts meet a certain standard.

This is just the next media fad to take over from the property obsession, it's all about normalising quite intrusive surgical procedures that were only previously open to the select few, it's the democratisation of perceived beauty, especially in a land of aging demographics and amongst those with high disposable incomes. It's exactly the same reason why Radio 2 now leaves Radio 1 in the dust when it comes to listernership and the success of the sort of artists they promote (Katie Melua, Jamie Cullum, G5/pop-opera pap, etc), that's where the spending power is, the same applies to elections, cars and everything.

Look at the proliferation of lifestyle programmes in primetime, "You Are What You Eat", "Ten Years Younger", "Cosmetic Surgury Uncovered (behind the scenes?)", and various programmes and magazines detailing the 'work' celebs have had done, in many cases the changes are not so subtle!

A decade ago people were happy just to tat about with a bit of MDF, now they need a full D cup and 10 BTL properties, whilst being detoxed, colonically irrigated, tanned and herbalised.

It's 'aspiration programming' on a whole new level.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4422

This is just the next media fad to take over from the property obsession, it's all about normalising quite intrusive surgical procedures that were only previously open to the select few, it's the democratisation of perceived beauty, especially in a land of aging demographics and amongst those with high disposable incomes. It's exactly the same reason why Radio 2 now leaves Radio 1 in the dust when it comes to listernership and the success of the sort of artists they promote (Katie Melua, Jamie Cullum, G5/pop-opera pap, etc), that's where the spending power is, the same applies to elections, cars and everything.

Look at the proliferation of lifestyle programmes in primetime, "You Are What You Eat", "Ten Years Younger", "Cosmetic Surgury Uncovered (behind the scenes?)", and various programmes and magazines detailing the 'work' celebs have had done, in many cases the changes are no so subtle!

A decade ago people were happy just to tat about with a bit of MDF, now they need a full D cup and 10 BTL properties, whilst being detoxed, colonically irrigated, tanned and herbalised.

It's 'aspiration programming' on a whole new level.

It also shows how successful Capitalism is.

Growth is all, new markets must be created.

All means of influence are employed in this task.

How easily the masses are manipulated into signing up.

HOLA4423

It also shows how successful Capitalism is.

Growth is all, new markets must be created.

All means of influence are employed in this task.

How easily the masses are manipulated into signing up.

We will never run out of ideas or problems, capital is the only restraint, and latterly not much of one at that. The crux is to ensure it's properly applied rather than wasted on suprious outlets. Traditionally a recession has provided this cleansing process and tidied things up... but not anymore, we're now in a new era!

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4424

Excuse me? Salma Hayek? Small pert breasts? Overload, overload....

Exactly, I was about to flag that one! She is a personal favourite of mine, along with Paz Vega. Both have a fair pair.

Returning to the original question, if I was given a form asking what I was taking out a loan for, and there was a box to tick for jubbly enlargement, I'd tick it.

Actually, I've heard of people taking out consolidation loans for their plastic, but I assumed it was credit card debt.

btp

PS. lol all previous replies. I was tittering my way down the thread.

HOLA4425