House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winners and Losers

More News From Down Under

Guest Winners and Losers

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/commo...55E2682,00.html

"Overall, we are still in a weak market. It is still a buyers' market. But it is looking more and more likely that we are at the bottom of the downturn now."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/books/why-dont-...0283980187.html

"Baby boomers aren't looking at themselves and thinking, 'Do I really need to run the entire property market, making it impossible for young people to buy a home?' The reality is, if you're a talented 23-year-old trying to make it in Australia today, you've got a lot more competition than any 23-year-old in the 1960s had.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10368930

Residential property

"The time for the quick buy and flick has disappeared," says BNZ chief economist Tony Alexander.

Guest Winners and Losers

That SMH article is spot on. The guy sounds like me!

Cool eh? It's about time someone came out with that. Damn it, why didnt I think of it.

Guest Winners and Losers

I would agree with what he said if he hadn't choosen to live in the UK. Surely it is 10x worse here.

He has yet to live and learn. I wonder what would happen if he asked the young people of the UK. It is the same. There you go budding authors!

well always amazes me that australia could have such a property boom, its not like there stuck for space there.

it realy shows this boom is proof its not a shortage of land or housing but pure speculation and panic.

id be selling the city centre apartment and getting 10,000 acres and a billibong for the same price

Guest Winners and Losers

well always amazes me that australia could have such a property boom, its not like there stuck for space there.

it realy shows this boom is proof its not a shortage of land or housing but pure speculation and panic.

id be selling the city centre apartment and getting 10,000 acres and a billibong for the same price

Sure, loads of space, but who lives in the middle - like, no-one! Everyone lives on the coast, so it really is not that different.