House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Would This Be Mean..

Simply before choosing form the wide range of rental property out there check with the land registry to see when the property was sold and for how much.

This might enable you to haggle a bit more if they bought it in 1998 for very little.

It also enables you to avoid the property bought at peak cost.

This will hurt speculative investors.

but if you can see that your rent does not cover cost you are at less risk of loosing your property if the BTL landlord does run into severe and likely financial troubles.

Morally a little questionable?

Perhaps, but you have to look after yourself.

Edited by apom

Simply before choosing form the wide range of rental property out there check with the land registry to see when the property was sold and for how much.

This might enable you to haggle a bit more if they bought it in 1998 for very little.

but if you can see that your rent does not cover cost you are at less risk of loosing your property if the BTL landlord does run into severe and likely financial troubles.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Research all your financial decisions.

You might find that those who bought at the most reasonable prices have the least pressure to fill their property though. They might be the most resistant to negotiation.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Research all your financial decisions.

You might find that those who bought at the most reasonable prices have the least pressure to fill their property though. They might be the most resistant to negotiation.

Well. knowing that you can afford the rent and that you know it is not going to Captain big loss and his IO mortgage economical moron.. that is reward in itself

Edited by apom

Evil but clever. I like it :)

I see no problem with this.

I also have another suggestion for landlords.

Perhaps they should have access to a similar database for renters.

So they can pick out the lower risk renters that have willingly stayed renting throughout the boom.

Maybe each renter should have a running total next to them as to how much rent they have ever paid.

This will help the landlord identify the softy pushover tenants and haggle a higher rent once they are established in the property.

I see no problem with this.

I also have another suggestion for landlords.

Perhaps they should have access to a similar database for renters.

So they can pick out the lower risk renters that have willingly stayed renting throughout the boom.

They already do dont they?

As I'm aware ther phrase is, 'No DSS'

D

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and I would say it is a good idea for a different reason.

If the rental property was bought recently and expensively there is, I would say, a higher probability that the property will be repossessed and, as you may or may not know, tenants have very few rights when the banks repossess.

Unfortunately the place I am renting was bought not long ago and expensively so I am just hoping that my landlord has done his sums better than most because I don't particularly want to leave.