House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sealaw2000

Location, Location, Location

This is sad, so forgive me, but over the week-end I sat and watched the last 2 "Location, Location , Location" shows.

What I thought was really interesting was that having watched Phil and Kirstie move people to their "dream" houses, seemingly effortlessly over the last few years, in both of the last shows they failed to find houses that the buyers wanted.

In both cases the buyers were second time rounders, who were touted by P&K at the beginning of the show as "shrewd" property investors as they had bought a few years ago and had stacks of equity. The interesting thing was these shrewd investors (who were actually just nice, normal couples as far as I could tell), were gutted to find that despite huge equity in their propertys, they couldn't actually buy the home they wanted because (suprise, suprise) all the houses that were the next step up the ladder had gone up in value by even more. Is reality dawning for the smug "I couldn't afford to by my house now" brigade.

I realise that, of course, our equity rich friends have an easier task progressing up the ladder than a FTB because they at least have equity...but when even second time rounders can't trade up, surely this shows the wheels really are coming off the market? Any thoughts?

Guest Winners and Losers

Who the hell are Phil & Kirsty? Oh, you mean, Filthy & Krusty. OK, I'm listening now.