House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Third Of Scots Have No More Than £100 Put Away

:blink:

The whole of the UK needs £10bn of more debt a month llike it needs a hole in the head.

Go on keep shooting BOE, sooner or later you will kill the lot of us. Mind you who cares, the banks are making record profits off the back of what is left of the economy.

http://business.scotsman.com/finance.cfm?id=260942006

Third of Scots have no more than £100 put away

JENNIFER HILL

PERSONAL FINANCE EDITOR

THIRTY per cent of Scots are in a perilous personal financial situation, with savings of £100 or less, research revealed yesterday.

That sum includes money in current and savings accounts, as well as individual savings accounts (ISAs), bonds and shares.

Financial experts say people should have about three months' salary squirrelled away in case of emergency, and that those with only a fraction of that could face a bleak future.

Edited by OnlyMe

Whatever happened to saving for a rainy day?

I'm a full time student and i've had to go without meals in order to pay the bills and even I have some money for a real emergency. I've even got physical gold bullion and silver bullion hoarded. I've got a money box for loose change. If I can put money away then surely someone working 5 days a week can?

:blink:

The whole of the UK needs £10bn of more debt a month llike it needs a hole in the head.

Go on keep shooting BOE, sooner or later you will kill the lot of us. Mind you who cares, the banks are making record profits off the back of what is left of the economy.

http://business.scotsman.com/finance.cfm?id=260942006

JENNIFER HILL

PERSONAL FINANCE EDITOR

THIRTY per cent of Scots are in a perilous personal financial situation, with savings of £100 or less, research revealed yesterday.

That sum includes money in current and savings accounts, as well as individual savings accounts (ISAs), bonds and shares.

Financial experts say people should have about three months' salary squirrelled away in case of emergency, and that those with only a fraction of that could face a bleak future.

So in 10 months they will be able to afford a HIP

Guest Winners and Losers

Whatever happened to saving for a rainy day?

I'm a full time student and i've had to go without meals in order to pay the bills and even I have some money for a real emergency. I've even got physical gold bullion and silver bullion hoarded. I've got a money box for loose change. If I can put money away then surely someone working 5 days a week can?

You don't need to save for a rainy day anymore, because you've got that big ole property pension coming. Safe as houses. Where the heck do you get physical gold and silver bullion from??

You don't need to save for a rainy day anymore, because you've got that big ole property pension coming. Safe as houses. Where the heck do you get physical gold and silver bullion from??

Ebay, bullion merchants.... anywhere really.

What rock have you been hiding under???

Everyone has gold coins under their mattress these days - its the new HPI :rolleyes:

I met a guy in an old peoples home by chance who gave me some sound advice. He told me to always save 10% of whatever I earned throughout my life every month, every year, every decade until I retire. I didnt think much of his advice until I found out the guy was a mutli-millionaire who started with nothing and did a normal civel service job all his life.

Saving is great fun, everyone should do it :)

I met a guy in an old peoples home by chance who gave me some sound advice. He told me to always save 10% of whatever I earned throughout my life every month, every year, every decade until I retire. I didnt think much of his advice until I found out the guy was a mutli-millionaire who started with nothing and did a normal civel service job all his life.

Saving is great fun, everyone should do it :)

and his relatives had dumped the senile old fool in an asylum, taken his money and done a runner :P

JENNIFER HILL

PERSONAL FINANCE EDITOR

Gordon Brown the Clown has been finally found out then.