House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beenhearingthisforyears

Another Other Side To Bankruptcy......

z list celeb Wendy Turner - sister of Anthea - was interviewed over weekend literally bragging how she had been declared bankrupt after not paying tax/credit card companies. "its only tax man/banks" she explained and her husband was also declared bankrupt last year.

They still have their house! and "hope to be able to keep it" and "i still shop at Waitrose"

What sort of message does this give the "masses"? Although heartbreaking stories are reported of people taking their own lives because of debt burden, others are making a mockery of the whole system.

With the new law allowing some bankrupts to be discharged after 1 year (in place of the usual 3 yrs before) it may become an "easy" option for some who have no scruples or concerns for their financial futures...

And i am talking about people like my ex who was declared bankrupt for £55k, but somehow "secretly" obtained 3 new credit cards and ran up £9,000 NEW debt in just 3 months........as i was walking everywhere to save petrol money....!

With the new law allowing some bankrupts to be discharged after 1 year (in place of the usual 3 yrs before) it may become an "easy" option for some who have no scruples or concerns for their financial futures...

MOST bankrupts will be discharged at the first anniversary of their bankruptcy order. Many will be discharged sooner.

You will only get longer if you're subjected to a Bankruptcy Restriction Order by the Official Receiver.

z list celeb Wendy Turner - sister of Anthea - was interviewed over weekend literally bragging how she had been declared bankrupt after not paying tax/credit card companies. "its only tax man/banks" she explained and her husband was also declared bankrupt last year.

They still have their house! and "hope to be able to keep it" and "i still shop at Waitrose"

What sort of message does this give the "masses"? Although heartbreaking stories are reported of people taking their own lives because of debt burden, others are making a mockery of the whole system.

And i am talking about people like my ex who was declared bankrupt for £55k, but somehow "secretly" obtained 3 new credit cards and ran up £9,000 NEW debt in just 3 months........as i was walking everywhere to save petrol money....!

Isn't this the government new 'posh' bankruptcy... where if you have any connection to TV then all the normal rules go out of the window because you've been a touch 'careless' financially rather than 'fraudulent'.

I feel really strongly that these people should lose their house! (Be forced to sell to pay back creditors) They should not be allowed credit cards or loans! They have proven themselves to be irresponsible whilst their earnings are in the elite - how can they be allowed to keep assets when families with far less debt have lost far more!

Your ex sounds like some people I knew... its fraud IMHO... its just that every year at least one or two of hers pay checks will go onto paying back the banks - which is why they'll always give her credit and why people like me and you who save and think about these things will end up paying extra for other peoples reckless attitiudes.

Still when the crash comes... we'll be the ones with no debt and high liquidity! (Muhahahha)

-Pye (Property Speculation Ninja :ph34r: )