House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nordiclad

Team Ea Data For Feb' At Odds With Rightmove

Walked into a TEAM group EA in Devon over the weekend and they gladly gave me their “State of the market” data sheet for FEB in the South West.

Given this data is from the TEAM South West group of agents, and taken against the Land Reg’ data for the SW, it is “reasonably truthful”, with a little spin, given it is from an EA group.

Main points:

Good start to year, but a little quiet in some town. (Kind of agree)

Average Property price trend, prices going down a tiny fraction, £450 on a detached house.

(Do not agree, seen faster falls, but at least they report going in the right direction)

Demand v supply….Somewhat disappointing, the number of properties sold was less than the number that came onto the market. Hence the backlog of unsold property increased.

(This is very true, far larger number of properties in local rags)

Speed of sales

1% in 2 months

24% in 4 months

22% in 6 months

39% in 12 months

14% more than 12 months

(Seems about right, just by looking at how long the "for sale" signs stay put)

Pick the bones out of that one "Wrongmove" :P

Guest wrongmove

No comment. I live in the East Midlands and have no feel for the market in the SW.

:P

Walked into a TEAM group EA in Devon over the weekend and they gladly gave me their “State of the market” data sheet for FEB in the South West.

Given this data is from the TEAM South West group of agents, and taken against the Land Reg’ data for the SW, it is “reasonably truthful”, with a little spin, given it is from an EA group.

Main points:

Good start to year, but a little quiet in some town. (Kind of agree)

Average Property price trend, prices going down a tiny fraction, £450 on a detached house.

(Do not agree, seen faster falls, but at least they report going in the right direction)

Demand v supply….Somewhat disappointing, the number of properties sold was less than the number that came onto the market. Hence the backlog of unsold property increased.

(This is very true, far larger number of properties in local rags)

Speed of sales

1% in 2 months

24% in 4 months

22% in 6 months

39% in 12 months

14% more than 12 months

(Seems about right, just by looking at how long the "for sale" signs stay put)

Good to find some SW reassurance here. My radar certainly concurs with the downward movement reflected in your observation. I notice that rightmove for feb 06 in the SW is +4.9% --- about 5.2% out by my reconning.