House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eldras

Cheap Places To Buy In London

roe green village & , hendon.

great tube links, almost zero crime, gardens etc under £200,000k for a flat house

google nw11 estate agents.

worth a drive around.

the most likely scenario is that house prices will soar again in my view, because of demand and supply.

also eveyone who is on the ladder doesn't want a drop.

Guest Winners and Losers

Since when is Hendon cheap! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. It is no small wonder we are where we are. Yes, buy, buy, buy NOW in Hendon.

http://www.upmystreet.com/l/nw11.html

nw11:

average pay : 25,972 (541.10 *48 weeks)

average house price : £509,046

HP/Sal : 19.59x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House Crime : above average by 2 points

Car crime : above average by 2 points

So VERY overvalued in relation to the average income in the area, and above average crime.

Edited by moosetea

great tube links, almost zero crime, gardens etc under £200,000k for a flat house

worth a drive around.

the most likely scenario is that house prices will soar again in my view, because of demand and supply.

This is too stupid for words or sounds.

Guest Winners and Losers

I know of an area but I'm not telling until I've secured my property! :)

It's a bargain area, though.

Don't tell me, its Peckham, again.

under £200,000k for a flat house

What is a 'flat house'? :blink:

Everyone who is on the ladder doesn't want a drop. :lol:

Well with a comment like that, hopefully this is an estate agent with a sense of humour.

It would be hilarious if he actually believed that those on the ladder always get what they want.

Wow, imagine if I owned a house - I could dictate the direction of the housing market, hey maybe even the whole economy, just by owning a house! LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Barking and Dagenham - well its the only place in London where a first time buyer with a family can still afford to buy (and only 14 mins from Tower Hill by fast airconditioned C2C train)!

Plus plenty of racial tension and rising crime to throw into the mix!

Barking and Dagenham - well its the only place in London where a first time buyer with a family can still afford to buy (and only 14 mins from Tower Hill by fast airconditioned C2C train)!

Plus plenty of racial tension and rising crime to throw into the mix!

You're right, Barking & Dagenham is the most affordable area in London left; and yes, it is a great place to get set upon (& maybe stabbed) by chavies that hang about the tube & C2C stations. Absolutely dreadful......

Yes - but its still probably a lot safer than all those dodgy areas in Hackney, Islington, Southwark and Brent where a lot of city 'professionals' choose to live (and pay ridiculous prices for the privilege of getting mugged on the way home from their silverlink station)!

You are right of course, but I'm sorry once the only affordable place left in London is Barking and Dagenham you know there is a problem.

Besides many people still consider that Barking and Dagenham are in Essex - so from their point of view there isn't anywhere in London proper that is affordable.

You're right, Barking & Dagenham is the most affordable area in London left; and yes, it is a great place to get set upon (& maybe stabbed) by chavies that hang about the tube & C2C stations. Absolutely dreadful......

I actually think the cheapest area of London is Lancaster... yes its a bit of a commute but you can get an amazing house for ONLY £300K...

I'm sorry... but living miles out of town and having to go through commuter hell to work and back or even to go out for the night is NOT my idea of a bargain.

The kinds of places which are now 'affordable' are the kinds of places I would never, ever have wanted to live if I could afford anywhere else.

I'll stay in my Central London - Zone 1 address... renting with friends for £400 pcm - thanks!

Might as well be uranus

Read: the areas a dump. What's a flat house? One on rocky foundations, ready to fall flat?

Have done. Which one is your sponsoredlink on the right?

worth a drive around.

Think I'll give it a pass thanks.

Your view has been pretty dire so far. Simple question: the higher the inflated value of a commodity, does that always create a demand for it?

VI

Edited by Mr Blek

Guest Winners and Losers

You are right of course, but I'm sorry once the only affordable place left in London is Barking and Dagenham you know there is a problem.

Besides many people still consider that Barking and Dagenham are in Essex - so from their point of view there isn't anywhere in London proper that is affordable.

I was about to say, call that London? Anyway, BUY NOW IN DAGENHAM!

What is a 'flat house'? :blink:

There are plenty of flat houses in Baghdad.

They come complete with excellent ventilation and panoramic sky views from every room.

They are currently being constructed by a US construction company called The US Army using a new and unusual technique involving large amounts of high explosive.

Guest Winners and Losers

There are plenty of flat houses in Baghdad.

They come complete with excellent ventilation and panoramic sky views from every room.

They are currently being constructed by a US construction company called The US Army using a new and unusual technique involving large amounts of high explosive.

Better get in before they blow, I me GO, up!

HENDON NW4 - in parts blighted by heavy traffic for M1, A406, A5, A41, Brent Cross Shopping Centre, full of mall bunnies to/fro the centre. Air pollution. Bag snatchers and muggers near the station. Noisy and dirty. (Except for the better streets, where property is £1m plus.)

ROE GREEN NW9 - George Michael used to live around there. Yes, nice and villagey in parts. Pricey these days, and not far from A5 and Asda so can get increased traffic driving through.