House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blek

Signs Of The Crash?

Got sent some more pics today.

This pic has 5 For Sale signs (one is hard to spot - look under first sign)

On this road there are 9 boards in total. Someone trying to cash in?

Photo_0005.jpg

post-3812-1140380291.jpg

Guest Riser

Another spot of Deja vous

FT February 18 2006 - Regional divide in house prices 'is narrowing'

The value of housing has trebled in 10 years but a slowdown in house price growth in the south of England has led to a narrowing of the north-south divide in property values, according to a survey published today.

The Times - WED 12 APR 1989 - Housing reverses North-South divide;House price survey

The Times

WED 12 APR 1989

Housing reverses North-South divide;House price survey

The North-South housing divide, which favoured the South last year, has been reversed, the Halifax Building Society reports in its house price survey yesterday. Prices took off in the South in the first quarter of last year while the economic boom wa...

nice one

have a butchers at this one in southsea - only one sign says "sold" out of 10 i ve got in this photo (feb 2006)

I can't see all these sellers spending £1000 on a home information pack before they put their property on the market. The result in 2007 will be fewer properties for sale and that will keep prices high.

I can't see all these sellers spending £1000 on a home information pack before they put their property on the market. The result in 2007 will be fewer properties for sale and that will keep prices high.

I think the HIP's will be another SIPP's and get scrapped at the last moment, nobody wants them.

The result will be every house priced £1000 higher.

I can just hear the EA's now

"No, don't worry about those HIPs we'll just stick an extra grand on the asking price..don't worry it's a sellers market and your house is worth so much more than the one down the road because your house has got laminate flooring...that's woth at least £10k on the asking price. We're expecting a spring bounce anyway because Easter is early this year and the Easter Bunny told me that house prices only ever go up"

Or perhaps a mad rush to sell in 2006 before the new rule comes in? Seems more likely.

I think this summer/autumn could finally be the turning point.