House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dames

Rightmove Tomorrow?

I think it will be super positive because of the Rightmove flatation later in March!

Last month's headline "house prices up £2,048 in a week" was definitely pushing it last month. I would expect something similar again.

My main thought is that since the Rightmove index is just a few grand shy of the £200,000 barrier, my guess is they'll want to try and find a way to spin the figures and grab the headlines to demonstrate the barrier has been broken.

Yep:

What do you think it will be??

Dont know but -ve would be nice :)

I've had 6+ relists ( price drops ) on my watchlist in the last week or so.

Dames

Guest muttley

Judging from the number of terraced houses for sale in Doncaster for £999,999 I would say that RightMove will show a healthy increase in house prices.

Also, their willingness to list property portfolios as single properties is bound to make the market look rosy.

Mind you,I am sure these are genuine errors.I wouldn't want any of the RightMove employees who regularly monitor this site to think I am accusing them of dodgy practice ahead of the flotation of this dotcom property stock.

Mind you,I am sure these are genuine errors.I wouldn't want any of the RightMove employees who regularly monitor this site to think I am accusing them of dodgy practice ahead of the flotation of this dotcom property stock.

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest muttley

I think it will be super positive because of the Rightmove flatation later in March!

Does anyone invest in Dotcoms anymore? I am sure this would have attracted a lot of attention six years ago, but too many investors have had their fingers burned once before.

Would it be churlish to suggest that RightMove have missed the boat?

Does anyone invest in Dotcoms anymore? I am sure this would have attracted a lot of attention six years ago, but too many investors have had their fingers burned once before.

Would it be churlish to suggest that RightMove have missed the boat?

Under the current house market greed, I think that RM will do well. Needless to say, I shall be staying away.

Either there is a genuine upturn in the market or the figures are being skewed by the low transaction volume. If it's the latter then at some point there could be a sharp downturn in the figures as the fluctuations increase. If this happens it could be interesting to see the reaction.

It will of course be positive but the annual rate will be down due to last February's rise of +2.3%.

I forgot about that. If prices in Feb are the same as Jan, YoY will be +1.28%.

However, I think the spin will be very loud tomorrow. Will the BBC report it? We will see..

However, I think the spin will be very loud tomorrow. Will the BBC report it? We will see..

Is the Pope Catholic?

"House Prices Still on the Rise - solid growth reported by Rightmove"

Makes me sick I payed a license fee.

My main thought is that since the Rightmove index is just a few grand shy of the £200,000 barrier, my guess is they'll want to try and find a way to spin the figures and grab the headlines to demonstrate the barrier has been broken.

Looks like I was right then. Depressingly predictable. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last month's headline "house prices up £2,048 in a week" was definitely pushing it last month. I would expect something similar again.

Just resurrecting this string to point out the exceptional prediction herein.

Congratulations for predictive ability. Bang on the money Warwickshire Lad.