House Price Crash Forum
classixuk

"there Cannot Be A Crash Until The Last Bear Has Turned Into A Bull"

I've read a few times that in most previous booms, you do not see the bust until the last bear has turned bullish.

So, in the plight of affordable housing for all I invite every last bear here (we are the last bears) to declare themselves a bull so that we can get on with the bust!

Here goes:

I was always a bear but have now seen the error of my ways and am now a bull. Please can we get on with the bust now?

:D

Guest Bart of Darkness

I have a friend who used to be a bear ;) but as for myself, I've always been bullish about property.

The Devil take anyone who says otherwise!

Now, let's watch those lovely house prices soar.

Well, I think some parts of London are looking almost good value compared to inflated values elsewhere, so that might explain why there are patches of activity in some places in Gtr London. But I think there must surely be a limit to the number of people buying on the dips and keeping some prices stagnating rather than falling? Goes without saying, if there's enough people thinking each dip is a buying opportunity (as some share traders do in a rising market) then I can be bullish for the time being! (In my own way of seeing things in common sense terms, with all the debt around and prices so much out of sync with wages, I can't really imagine prices markedly climbing at the moment, and I think it would make more sense for them to fall into line with average earnings. But when? No idea I'm afraid as I'm just an amateur at this.)

I've read a few times that in most previous booms, you do not see the bust until the last bear has turned bullish.

So, in the plight of affordable housing for all I invite every last bear here (we are the last bears) to declare themselves a bull so that we can get on with the bust!

Here goes:

I was always a bear but have now seen the error of my ways and am now a bull. Please can we get on with the bust now?

where do I sign?

If I sign twice will it make things go quicker?

I'm a definite bull. I have realised that on the average wage I will never be able to have a place to call mine that isn't a deadly cesspit of human vipers who prowl at night with guns and knives, and even that would force me to live on rice and beans, so I am completely out of the market.

Since I don't feel safe sharebuying or buying with the banks, far less the government and I certainly ain't gonna hitch my fate to a complete stranger who could be a rapist or a psychopath (had enough of them in my life without the lottery of coownership). Thats it. I give up.

They were right all along, I missed to boat. Is that enough B)

I’m a bull – and I haven’t touched a property for over a year – with gods help I will get over this awful affliction.

Who else thinks that property outside London is actually cheap (sarcastic mode off)

Yeah - ok.... I give in! I'm going to look for a house tomorrow because I can't wait any longer and it looks like there's just going to be a plateau of prices. I'm going to stop whingeing and jolly well knuckle down like my parent's generation did.

Will that do?

I'm a definite bull. I have realised that on the average wage I will never be able to have a place to call mine that isn't a deadly cesspit of human vipers who prowl at night with guns and knives, and even that would force me to live on rice and beans, so I am completely out of the market.

Since I don't feel safe sharebuying or buying with the banks, far less the government and I certainly ain't gonna hitch my fate to a complete stranger who could be a rapist or a psychopath (had enough of them in my life without the lottery of coownership). Thats it. I give up.

They were right all along, I missed to boat. Is that enough B)

It will all work out in the end, you might find the goverment hijacks the profits in the housing market to pay for the owners retirement or health care.

It will all work out in the end, you might find the goverment hijacks the profits in the housing market to pay for the owners retirement or health care.

Unlikely. Its going in the other direction. They have more lobby buying power. I'm stuck in the middle. Neither fish nor fowl. Not propertied chattering class, not down and out. I'm never going to get to the chatterers. If only I could relinquish my pride and join the down and outers. Its much better down there. You get a whole flat to yourself, ok so it may be on a shit estate with scary crack dealers next door but its still got a door and a private bathroom :o ... oops... just a short slide to complete self pity :lol:

Unlikely. Its going in the other direction. They have more lobby buying power. I'm stuck in the middle. Neither fish nor fowl. Not propertied chattering class, not down and out. I'm never going to get to the chatterers. If only I could relinquish my pride and join the down and outers. Its much better down there. You get a whole flat to yourself, ok so it may be on a shit estate with scary crack dealers next door but its still got a door and a private bathroom :o ... oops... just a short slide to complete self pity :lol:

Fingers crossed or leggs uncrossed then, if that doesn't work you could always bail out like I did.

Sad, sad, desperate, straw clutching, sad people you are.

but I suppose if it keeps your spirits up, whilst you keep the long vigil, then it doesn't do any harm.

Whadayamean? I've come over. I'm on your side. I've accepted it. I have no hope. Since I don't intend to commit suicide simply because you are feeling smug (and rightly so), permanent renting is my only option.

I am permanently locked out of the market. Hope you feel satisfied. Smug git. I was wrong. You were right. My only shame is that I can't get on the bottom of the ladder and complete someones chain for them 'cause I just can't afford it. I know there are a lot of people like me, but I am sure that 5% of FTBs that beg a deposit from their parents will be enough to hold it up. For sure, I feel I have let down all those homebuyers and it makes me feel like a failure... but I'll get over it :P:blink::lol:

Guest Bart of Darkness
Sad, sad, desperate, straw clutching, sad people you are.

What, now that we've all become bulls?

Honestly, there's not much loyalty amongst us bulls is there?

I'd better stop now in case I'm censored by the mods for being a bull.

I'd just like to say, buy more houses you thick, stupid bears.

I'm considerably richer than you don't y'know. :P

Look, I've become £10 richer whilst typing this post. :D:D:D

Don't you wish you were a bull like me?

And allowed to use lots of smiley icons like this to show how smug I am.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am permanently locked out of the market. Hope you feel satisfied. Smug git. I was wrong. You were right. My only shame is that I can't get on the bottom of the ladder and complete someones chain for them 'cause I just can't afford it. I know there are a lot of people like me, but I am sure that 5% of FTBs that beg a deposit from their parents will be enough to hold it up. For sure, I feel I have let down all those homebuyers and it makes me feel like a failure... but I'll get over it :P:blink::lol:

Isnt that 50% of first time buyers? I tried to get some money out of my parents for help with a deposit, it would have been the only way i could "get on the ladder". Turns out they have spent all their money moving to spain...oh well.

I had an estate agent around valuing this house i currently rent (land lord is selling up) yesterday. I asked him how things are "dead busy", "best get your foot on the ladder", "houses are going to rise a lot this year", "interest rates fell recently". I ******ING HATE ESTATE AGENTS!!! smug greedy bastards who couldnt give a shit about anyone else.

Anyhow, from this day on i now declare myself a bull. House prices always rise! Theyre like a cashpoint, everyone should buy a house! we can all be rich! Get your foot on the ladder before you miss the boat! It's funny how a year later we are still being told we have missed the boat? i expect people were saying that in thee mid to late 90s..and in the previous crash..

note: serious answer.

I thought the market in London was peaking 4 1/2 years ago. I thought prices would stabalize then when prices were "fair value". Around me they have risen 50% since then (at least). Seeing prices holding up very well with little supply and many buyers I am seriously considering being bullish (real price stabalization for a few years). I think other areas will do worse than London, but I am seriously doubting my bearish tenadancies. The only thing making me stay bullish is the fact that I am aware of the maxim, and me urning bullish will be what starts the falls.

Guest Winners and Losers

OK, I admit, I'm in it for the looonnggg term. I'm a taurus, does that make me a bull?