House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark5290

Washer Dryer Function

The rental property i recently moved into has a built in Indesit Omega Ecosense 1200 WDG 1295 WG washer dryer, unfortunately there is no hand book, if anybody knows could they tell me what the ecosense button is for/does. :unsure:

Thanks.

The rental property i recently moved into has a built in Indesit Omega Ecosense 1200 WDG 1295 WG washer dryer, unfortunately there is no hand book, if anybody knows could they tell me what the ecosense button is for/does. :unsure:

Thanks.

No hot fill. i.e. cold wash! Saves energy the environment and, ultimately the World.

Thanks Shakerbaby, but if i wanted a cold fill could i not just turn the temperature dial down to zero, or is the temp dial only to operate the dryer part of the machine.

Edit - Does it also reduce the washing time?.

I had left this question in a washer/dryer forum as i thought i might get a quick response, but all they said was buy a manual from indesit/hotpoint, but you have answered it quick as a flash.

Maybe it spins the cloths better?

We have a Fisher Paykel eco smart. The wash cycle is longer...But it used less water and "super spins" the cloths. They come out of the washer less wet than a normal washer & spend less time in the dryer. A dryer uses much more power than the washer.

I'd put in a blanket or something wash it 2 times. Once with the button and once w/o.

We have a Bosch washing machine, and the Eco button on it means that it gives the same quality of wash, but using less water, and less electricity. I'm not exactly sure haw it does this, but suffice to say, it all takes considerably longer to work it's magic - I'll speculate that it usues less water, so gives it a longer "soaking" time as it were, and probably reduces the spin peed, which mean that washing comes out wetter...

Personally, I don't use the eco button, as I'd rather have the washing out and drying on the line earlier in the day....

Thanks.

It will delete your guilt! :huh: