House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sealaw2000

I Don't Mean To Get Angry But...

...what the hell is going on out there?

I went to see a house a couple of weeks ago. Nice place, semi-detached, been on at £425k for about a year (to the best of my knowledge). Anyway, it wasn't for me, (bit small, bit isolated) but I remember thinking "ok, its been on a while, I reckon it could go for about £400, which seems expensive, but maybe fair to the right person".

Just looked on Rightmove and the one next doors been put on for £465k! Judging by the internal snaps its a lot less well appointed.

What person in their right mind thinks "the house next door (which is a bit nicer than mine) hasn't sold for 12 months, so what I'll do is put mine on for 10% more and that'll be about right".

UNBELIEVABLE.

No grand point to make here, just need to vent my exasperation!

Exasperation?

If i were you I would be trying to hide how smug I felt about my superior level of understanding.

Ask yourself one question. Do you pity fools?

Do not let yourself become jelous/annoyed by the actions of these people.

Take stead in the fact there are plenty of gullible puppets out there who you can use to fuel your own wealth when the time is right, should you be that way inclined.

I went to see a house a couple of weeks ago. Nice place, semi-detached, been on at £425k for about a year (to the best of my knowledge). Anyway, it wasn't for me, (bit small, bit isolated) but I remember thinking "ok, its been on a while, I reckon it could go for about £400, which seems expensive, but maybe fair to the right person".

Just looked on Rightmove and the one next doors been put on for £465k! Judging by the internal snaps its a lot less well appointed.

What person in their right mind thinks "the house next door (which is a bit nicer than mine) hasn't sold for 12 months, so what I'll do is put mine on for 10% more and that'll be about right".

UNBELIEVABLE.

Maybe the neighbour next door wants rid of them so he's falsely put his house on the market for a bit more.

It makes the first house look more like a bargain.

:lol:

Indeed, who are these idiots paying ceiling-busting prices? The mind boggles, it really does. Oh well, there's one born everyday as they say, or one every minute as far as this country's concerned...

It is claimed that PT Barnum was the one to say that "there's one born every minute". But he was born in 1810, so assuming that he said this in 1850 when the world population was about one billion, and assuming that the proportion of idiots has remained relatively constant, a conservative estimate at best, that would mean that there's one born about every ten seconds now.

Billy Shears

It seems to be happening everywhere; therefore, the HPC should be a lot worse than it would have been otherwise when the system finally collapses, which it will sometime next year.

Indeed, who are these idiots paying ceiling-busting prices? The mind boggles, it really does. Oh well, there's one born everyday as they say, or one every minute as far as this country's concerned...

Ooohh.. I just had one of those tingly dejavu moments.

For a minute there it was 2002 all over again...

Ooohh.. I just had one of those tingly dejavu moments.

For a minute there it was 2002 all over again...

IMHO: Given that, without checking figures, I believe that in 2003 the property market reached heights that previously meant a massive crash, that was probably the best prediction to make in 2002 given what was known at the time. That the property market kept on going up and up shows how unpredictable the market is, and how we're now in previously unknown territory.

Billy Shears

My old landlady bought at 60 in 1985 and sold at 220 in 2002. Very canny, she had obviously been round the roundabout once already, and was basing it on previous knowledge, but the flat upstairs (not as good) sold at 300 in 2003. Most people earn about 20K. Thats a one bedroom flat with no garden in a not brilliant area (not bad but not brilliant) for about 9 x multiple take home pay of an average earning couple

UNBELIEVABLE.

Could you post the links to Rightmove, so we can all have a good laugh? :D