House Price Crash Forum

Do People Care Less About Rising Immigration?

HOLA441
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
11 minutes ago, Insane said:

What do you mean by Danish Society is very bland ? 

What do you mean by lost from a cultural perspective. 

I have a few bits and pieces , vases and jugs designed and made in Denmark that I think are very modern , a bit Ikea type stuff but a lot better quality. The last thing I would describe them as is Bland. 

When I was at school in the 70's the gates were left open all day, the doors into the buildings the same. My junior school playground was used by a few people as a short cut there were never any problems. Today I go past the same school the fences are now 8 foot high the gates are turnstile access only with a security pass. Recently watching a documentary on Denmark not only did the family living in Copenhagen have a decent standard of living they dropped their children off at school where it was safe enough to leave the gates and doors open as it was here back in the 70's. Maybe safety goes hand in hand with bland.  

In Denmark the wealthy are happy to pay more taxes to support those less off than themselves, or find it much harder to avoid paying what is due..... inequality is not as great as we have got it here.......those here earning big money want to hide it, are able to hide it and/or avoid showing others they have it.....choices.;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
2 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Governments wants to destroy national culture they want us to think only in money terms, security in schools is because the tptb want us not to talk with our neighbours but to suspect them, their has been maybe 5 children killed in the past 50 years which is not an epidemic number 

That has nothing to do with what I am asking or saying. 

I want to know why you think Demark is Bland and lost on a Cultural Perspective ? 

I think there have been far more than 5 children killed by strangers in the last 50 years. However I agree that the numbers are very low. I see the extra security issue as not about stopping children being killed by strangers as the incident's of this have remained quite low and level but there is plenty of other crime that has escalated bringing in the need for far more security not just in schools but in all other areas of our lives. 

Looking at Denmark they seem to have got a lot of things right they have also been able to keep the relative safety that we took for granted in the 70's but have now lost. 

9 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Woke has become anti-men whereas it should be against discrimination 

Woke seems to have lost itself up it's own backside making many people unable to have or give an opinion in case they upset some strand of Wokisim it really has become a joke now but not a funny joke. 

11 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Putin has destroyed white privilege

?

HOLA445
8 minutes ago, winkie said:

In Denmark the wealthy are happy to pay more taxes to support those less off than themselves, or find it much harder to avoid paying what is due..... inequality is not as great as we have got it here.......those here earning big money want to hide it, are able to hide it and/or avoid showing others they have it.....choices

So as I said in anther post above Demark has got a lot of things fairly right. 

HOLA446
1 minute ago, Insane said:

So as I said in anther post above Demark has got a lot of things fairly right. 

They have got some things right.....not everything right, what country has all of the time......one world, many different people that are basically the same wanting peace, love, acceptance and security.;)

HOLA447
2 hours ago, Insane said:

You contradict yourself. 

Primark import goods from India , factories in India make the goods and want to sell them to the UK. Quite Simple. In exchange for the goods they get money just like in any other transaction. 

Are you saying that Indian factories selling us the goods only do it if we have X amount of immigration from India ? Nonsense the people working in and owning the factories in India will not be the same people wanting to immigrate to the UK , if we don't let the others in they will still want to sell their goods to us. 

Could you imagine it we say no to Indian immigration so the factories say you are not getting our cheap goods , they stop selling to us close down, stop making any money and add to their unemployment. LOL. What is that saying spite your nose to save your face that would be it in a nutshell. 

There was no contradiction at all and I'm using Primark as an example... there are various other businesses in the UK using cheap labour in India.

Primark imports goods yes, they instruct factories to make these goods and there are agreements in place to allow these goods to flow to us cheaply.

Anyways, point is India want more visas granted for its population to allow more trade, for example for us to sell a higher amount of whisky.

Why then is Boris agreeing or contemplating such deals? If it's a simple as, we just don't want to trade with you. It's not, Indian kids suffer/work for us to benefit. India allow this in exchange for other benefits such as immigration.

Edited by Speed1987

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Speed1987 said:

Why then is Boris agreeing or contemplating such deals? If it's a simple as, we just don't want to trade with you. It's not, Indian kids suffer/work for us to benefit. India allow this in exchange for other benefits such as immigration.

There are many reputable companies who will not trade in goods made with child/slave Labour and do a lot to ensue where the goods have been made and by who. 

Boris is looking at deals with India they do not have to include numbers on how many Indians we let into the UK we should have immigration based on need and skills not on I will scratch your back if you scratch mine. 

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, winkie said:

In Denmark the wealthy are happy to pay more taxes to support those less off than themselves, or find it much harder to avoid paying what is due..... inequality is not as great as we have got it here.......those here earning big money want to hide it, are able to hide it and/or avoid showing others they have it.....choices.;)

I think this is the key.

UK society has been hollowed out so that it's only the workers who pay for it.

Tax incomes heavily and assets lightly. 

Which is what drives bubbles of course. You can hardly blame people for piling into property in the way they did early doors. 

A very rare opportunity for normal folk to enjoy some of the benefits the elite do. 

HOLA4412