House Price Crash Forum

Please Explain Relationship With Other Countries

HOLA441
HOLA442

The Chinese are the fastest growing ethic minority group in the uk. They are able to come and live here because they are millionaire investors in the UK economy. They buy houses in which to live and for investment purposes. We already know about the close relationship between the Indians and the UK -they are doing exactly the same with their surplus capital. Both these economies have rapid economic growth. It is the reason why UK house prices have kept growing albeit by a small percentage and will continue to do so in 2007 at 5%. This is against the prediction of very well respected economist who assumed that the absence of FTB's will lead a fall in prices. Not so, the UK market is now completely unpredictable. The options are for FTB's - get on the ladder or move to countries where house prices are more sensible.

I'm sorry are you suggesting Chinese people and Indian people can afford to move to the UK in numbers large enough to fuel HPI?

Do you know the wages in China or the wages in India?

Are Chinese and Indian people earning more than we are here in the UK?

Why would they come to the UK if their own countries were doing this well?

Do you believe the pound will strengthen against the Yuan as China becomes more prosperus or weaken?

If established Western companies are investing in China and India why would the Chinese and Indian people not do likewise and invest on their doorstep in a market they understand?

Or did you hear this in an Indian EA's?

HOLA443

Let's see, what's the difference between selling prices in 2002 and 2006 ? How much would you say in £sd ? I'll tell you it's a lot. A hell of a lot. It's all about timing I suppose.

You're not wrong Fanny, and if you've got such timing, you should realise that the time is right to get out of the housing market, before you lose the lot. :lol:

HOLA444
Guest Winners and Losers

You're not wrong Fanny, and if you've got such timing, you should realise that the time is right to get out of the housing market, before you lose the lot. :lol:

:lol::lol:

What a fanny. He's obviously gone out on the pull.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Winners and Losers

Giving them all a little 'sweetener' no doubt. Of course, being a fanny magnet he won't find pulling a problem. Have you seen the price of houses these days, by jingo! :lol:

HOLA447

I'm sorry are you suggesting Chinese people and Indian people can afford to move to the UK in numbers large enough to fuel HPI?

Do you know the wages in China or the wages in India?

Are Chinese and Indian people earning more than we are here in the UK?

Why would they come to the UK if their own countries were doing this well?

Do you believe the pound will strengthen against the Yuan as China becomes more prosperus or weaken?

If established Western companies are investing in China and India why would the Chinese and Indian people not do likewise and invest on their doorstep in a market they understand?

Or did you hear this in an Indian EA's?

A small proportion of the Chinese and Indian population are becoming incredibly wealthy on the back of very strong economic growth over the past three years. This is of course fuelled by inward investment. When I say a small proportion of the population of these two population dense countries become very rich I may mean between 50-60 million people - nearly the size of the UK population. The UK's strong historical links with both these countries makes it a very attractive place in which to invest. Particularly, of course, in the housing market.

What you fail to realise is that these "investors" will pull the plug as soon as HPI moves negative and invest somewhere else. That will make the correction worse.

This may be true, we really don't know. Investment capital above all things craves stability. There is no safer place than the UK.

HOLA448

A small proportion of the Chinese and Indian population are becoming incredibly wealthy on the back of very strong economic growth over the past three years. This is of course fuelled by inward investment. When I say a small proportion of the population of these two population dense countries become very rich I may mean between 50-60 million people - nearly the size of the UK population. The UK's strong historical links with both these countries makes it a very attractive place in which to invest. Particularly, of course, in the housing market.

So that explains HPI in Ireland, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, United States etc.

I think you're looking for a complicated phenomenum underlying the housing boom, when there isn't one.

It has all been caused by low interest rates and loose monetary policy.

Edited by karhu

HOLA449

A small proportion of the Chinese and Indian population are becoming incredibly wealthy on the back of very strong economic growth over the past three years. This is of course fuelled by inward investment. When I say a small proportion of the population of these two population dense countries become very rich I may mean between 50-60 million people - nearly the size of the UK population.

50 - 60 million people may well be getting rich in terms of Chinese / Indian buying power, yes, but not rich enough to buy a property in the UK, at today's prices at any rate.

frugalista

HOLA4410

Regarding Australia:

In Sydney prices are falling even according to the VI's own data. The RBA Governor yesterday mentioned as fact that Sydney prices are falling.

In Western Australia there is still a boom.

In the other states volumes have slumped seriously and prices are broadly flat using official (VI) data. It's hard to sell but there is no actual crash as such.

All that said, Sydney normally leads the rest of the country economically and so far the other states are following New South Wales with a time lag. It's at the point in NSW now where the government budget is in serious deficit, public sector jobs are being cut and it is a technicality that the state is not actually in recession. Things look much better elsewhere but as I said, Sydney tends to lead.

HOLA4411

Thanks for the listings. I read the first one and when I got to this....

'Broward's median sales price rose 26 percent to $377,300, while Palm Beach's median increased 23 percent to $415,800. Miami-Dade's median rose 29 percent to $375,900'

I thought rose 26 percent ? rose 23 percent ? rose 29 percent ? And then I thought is that what a crash is then ? You know, when prices rise ? And then I thought, it's just all wishful thinking on your part, crash my ass.

I live in broward and prices are just too high! they are now coming down.

We rent, sure we could buy but why do so at the top when my job might finish up and we might not be able to cover the mortgage.

Where is the security? why buy something that consumes so much after tax money and needs a new roof every year? It's not going to double in cost in the next 5 years so why buy, I'm also sick of jumping thru hoops for employers only to get used and abused.

If they pay shit then I do shit except keep my certifications up to date.

Edited by messychopper