House Price Crash Forum

Rampant Government Corruption

HOLA441
20 hours ago, byron78 said:

Vote for whoever you like.

If you're poor, old Labour.

If you're stupid, new Tories.

If you're confused, make a list of everything that has got better (or worse) for you under whatever government is in at the time. This is the worst I've ever lived through. Feels like an Italian government or some other dodgy euro state tbh. Ever so corrupt.

Although they all need booting out now and again tbh.

Agree as ever Bryon and interesting thread  

But unfortunately there isn’t a true choice. Hasn’t been for decades. People don’t understand politics. ‘Ee…it could have been worse it could have been Corbyn’ is about as political as anyone get…..it is worse and it’s almost funny. 

Labour have ensured they are unelectable by making themselves all WOKE talking about fringe pseudo intellectual issues….working mens clubs just thing they are unelectable.  

New Tories are bumbling wealthy idiots.

The so called leftie BBC are run by an ex JP Morgan banker (not left at all, full establishment)….pretending to be ‘leftie’ when really making daft stories up about men with Cervix or not being allowed a Christmas tree up because upsetting a Muslim….so as to push people to the right.

Sir Kier (yep…a sir in charge of the old workers party) probably gets behind closed doors with Boris and pi55 themselves laughing at the public.

Pretend politics and pretend opposition. All to ensure there isn’t a real opposition to this corrupt system because if there was the Top 1% and ALL the MPs would be hanging from lampposts….proper revolution.

But that won’t happen as we swallow the warm diarrhoea being spoon fed to us.

Pay your tax and stay in student debt whilst the wealthy spend it on themselves and their mates and everyone stop moaning about house prices and woke lefties.

We need a proper honest ‘take it or leave it’ opposition. It doesn’t have to be elected, it just needs to challenge the current system where MPs and government are corporate puppets and the regulations and policies are being forced through by those with the real power, wealthy corporates.

Wont happen, X Factor new series is on, better things to do….I know let’s blame Russia for inflation and food shortages, phew avoided another revolution. That’s easy. 

My advice is to look at the wider holistic global picture. The history of empires, fiat currencies, the end of empires, agenda of the East, agenda of the West (and look twice at that one) and educate and position yourselves for the next 10 years.

Who to vote for? Not that it makes any difference but vote for who you think will benefit those who need it most and not yourself. Some believe that is the right and some the left…that politics and a good argument either way but don’t just vote for who you think benefits you best.

Posting a lot less lately on these threads because too many mainstream views being suckered into the media agenda, set by government puppets set by corporates.

I will just continue to take advantage of the system others seem happy with and vote for…

Edited by Pop321

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
47 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

But unfortunately there isn’t a true choice. Hasn’t been for decades. People don’t understand politics. ‘Ee…it could have been worse it could have been Corbyn’ is about as political as anyone get…..it is worse and it’s almost funny. 

Labour have ensured they are unelectable by making themselves all WOKE talking about fringe pseudo intellectual issues….working mens clubs just thing they are unelectable.  

The so called leftie BBC are run by an ex JP Morgan banker (not left at all, full establishment)….pretending to be ‘leftie’ when really making daft stories up about men with Cervix or not being allowed a Christmas tree up because upsetting a Muslim….so as to push people to the right.

Sir Kier (yep…a sir in charge of the old workers party) probably gets behind closed doors with Boris and pi55 themselves laughing at the public.

Pretend politics and pretend opposition. All to ensure there isn’t a real opposition to this corrupt system because if there was the Top 1% and ALL the MPs would be hanging from lampposts….proper revolution.

Pay your tax and stay in student debt whilst the wealthy spend it on themselves and their mates and everyone stop moaning about house prices and woke lefties.

We need a proper honest ‘take it or leave it’ opposition. It doesn’t have to be elected, it just needs to challenge the current system where MPs and government are corporate puppets and the regulations and policies are being forced through by those with the real power, wealthy corporates.

Wont happen, X Factor new series is on, better things to do….I know let’s blame Russia for inflation and food shortages, phew avoided another revolution. That’s easy. 

My advice is to look at the wider holistic global picture. The history of empires, fiat currencies, the end of empires, agenda of the East, agenda of the West (and look twice at that one) and educate and position yourselves for the next 10 years.

Who to vote for? Not that it makes any difference but vote for who you think will benefit those who need it most and not yourself. Some believe that is the right and some the left…that politics and a good argument either way but don’t just vote for who you think benefits you best.

Posting a lot less lately on these threads because too many mainstream views being suckered into the media agenda, set by government puppets set by corporates.

I will just continue to take advantage of the system others seem happy with and vote for…

Indeed. And I actually think a lot of proles forget what New Labour achieved.

Still hate Blair, but he wasn't all bad for many. 

Yes... they screwed up on house prices and Iraq (neither of which us Tories opposed of course, and the house price inflation was actually caused by John Major policies).

But education, health, and pay for most everyone definitely did get better.

Tangible, real, and measurable improvements.

I can't think of any this past decade+ that come close? Most things (all?) seem to have actually got worse.

Anyone else remember the very famous job ad in 1996?

"Security guard, £2.50 an hour, must provide own dog."

Took them a 100+ years but just getting a minimum wage through probably did help most.

Unfortunately, when poor people have more money the middle and upper classes tend to take most of it away again unless protections are put in place.

Those simply aren't there at the moment but I think only the morons would expect anything other than more pain from this government right now.

Edited by byron78

HOLA443
1 hour ago, Pop321 said:

Thank you for your serious, perceptive post.

Neil Oliver's analysis is consistent with your own, seeing the sorry state of the UK as part of the wider deterioration:

HOLA444
5 minutes ago, The Spaniard said:

Neil Oliver's analysis is consistent with your own, seeing the sorry state of the UK as part of the wider deterioration:

KGB News thinks we need more grown ups in the room...?

Like this pisshead?

JHP_MDM_280618FARAGE_10.jpg

HOLA445
1 hour ago, byron78 said:

Yes... they screwed up on house prices and Iraq (neither of which us Tories opposed of course, and the house price inflation was actually caused by John Major policies).

Blair temporarily fixed education and the NHS but only by employing the same ruinously unsustainable pro-market, free trade policy agenda he inherited from Margaret Thatcher. It all went tits up in 2008, of course. Where it's remained ever since. No effort having been made in the intervening years to deleverage the private sector.

HOLA446
30 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Blair temporarily fixed education and the NHS but only by employing the same ruinously unsustainable pro-market, free trade policy agenda he inherited from Margaret Thatcher. It all went tits up in 2008, of course. Where it's remained ever since. No effort having been made in the intervening years to deleverage the private sector.

Yes, seems to have gone even more the other way, if anything.

HOLA447
3 hours ago, Pop321 said:

A very good post Pop. The cancer is at stage 4.

HOLA448
3 hours ago, byron78 said:

The house price inflation was caused by Gordon Brown changing the BoE interest rate focus from RPI to CPI and not including the cost of housing in inflation numbers.  New labour ramped prices because they knew it made people feel rich and therefore good.  The country is still paying heavily for the last Labour government and will take decades more to recover.  What policies of the Major government do you think caused the house price inflation?

HOLA449
3 hours ago, byron78 said:

Health has been dire for years.  Anyone who has experienced healthcare in other developed countries knows this.  Blair "improved" health by paying private companies to cut the waiting lists (not a bad idea and normal good practice to outsource a proportion of work when inflow is lumpy so you're not carrying too many full timers).  He also took a short term approach, which we're still paying for, of funding this using PFI.  This is the worst of both worlds and not a good approach. Those contracts are horrifically bad which is why we'll be paying for them for many years to come.  He also increased the scope of the NHS to non-essential procedures which also costs money we could be spending elsewhere.  There are reports which suggest that the reforms he made did improve the situation but they are primarily qualitative not quantitive.  Personally, I think it's highly debatable.  

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, The Spaniard said:

I didn't know Neil Oliver was so politically engaged.  I agree with much of what he says and I feel that this has been a long decline since 1997 when the Blair government came to power.  Politics changed at that point for the worse.  The last government which I feel was a serious government run by serious people was the Major government.  

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, zugzwang said:

KGB News thinks we need more grown ups in the room...?

Like this pisshead?

JHP_MDM_280618FARAGE_10.jpg

Every time I see this guy I want to 🤮

He has no moral capital whatsoever.  Fed at the EU trough while simultaneously lying to the country about how good Brexit would be.  He's almost certainly now received an MEP pension too, funded by us.  Makes me sick

HOLA4412
47 minutes ago, Gurgle said:

The house price inflation was caused by Gordon Brown changing the BoE interest rate focus from RPI to CPI and not including the cost of housing in inflation numbers.  New labour ramped prices because they knew it made people feel rich and therefore good.  The country is still paying heavily for the last Labour government and will take decades more to recover.  What policies of the Major government do you think caused the house price inflation?

Many thx for the kind comments in this thread…some hope maybe. Video was interesting but I think it’s even more deliberate than suggested and less incompetence. Although that tricky to tell 😆  

Above response is an example….”eee….it would have been worse with Corbyn in”  but in this case “eee…it is Gordon Browns fault” 

Brown, Major, etc all just pawns in a global disaster where the 1% who are running things are laughing at us. Some scraps to the media and MPs keeps them quiet. Where are the anarchists when you need them? 

At least 3 decades since we had a real opposition. Squabbling between numerous versions of the liberal right…but not even a true sense of capitalism just crony capitalism.

As I say I don’t necessarily advocate a hard working class left in power…but I at least want one on opposition. 

Never mind…keep fighting, remember to vote for corruption and career MPs and don’t forget, X Factor this weekend. 

Edited by Pop321

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Gurgle said:

Nope.

John Major changed banking regs in 1996 that allowed BTL bank lending.

Wasn't legal before.

Literally changed in the hope it would prompt a house price boom and help Major win in 1997.

HOLA4414
18 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Nope.

John Major changed banking regs in 1996 that allowed BTL bank lending.

Wasn't legal before.

Literally changed in the hope it would prompt a house price boom and help Major win in 1997.

OK, I didn't know that.  Thanks.  However, I still believe that Brown's policies contributed significantly to it.  If interest rates were set with the cost of housing included then they'd be higher than the were and those BTL mortgages would have looked like a bad investment.  Labour did nothing to stop the ramp of prices because it made people feel rich, even it was illusory.  So let's say they're both to blame, especially as you'd expect a Labour government to consider the impact on their working class core vote.

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Gurgle said:

OK, I didn't know that.  Thanks.  However, I still believe that Brown's policies contributed significantly to it.  If interest rates were set with the cost of housing included then they'd be higher than the were and those BTL mortgages would have looked like a bad investment.  Labour did nothing to stop the ramp of prices because it made people feel rich, even it was illusory.  So let's say they're both to blame, especially as you'd expect a Labour government to consider the impact on their working class core vote.

Oh completely.

A "proper" old Labour government would have built houses and kept prices low as you say.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
4 hours ago, Gurgle said:

Every time I see this guy I want to 🤮

He has no moral capital whatsoever.  Fed at the EU trough while simultaneously lying to the country about how good Brexit would be.  He's almost certainly now received an MEP pension too, funded by us.  Makes me sick

Yes, I know what you mean,  but if he is but an effect...... but might be the cause?

HOLA4420
14 minutes ago, cnick said:

Inoperable?...... oh well, never mind.  

Yup. Until we have a new system - built from the ground up by the people for the people. Like after the war. Unfortunately Dominic Cummings agrees as well. But, in his case, before you pull things down - you have to have a plan of what will replace it.

Until then - the nightmare train's speed means it will overrun the buffers and drive through all the passengers waiting at the station. It's driverless.

HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

- built from the ground up by the people for the people.

Sorry mate that's a D+...... unless you (we) can identify the root cause of all this shit....

.... if we can't..... no point in bothering.  

?

HOLA4422
28 minutes ago, cnick said:

Yes, I know what you mean,  but if he is but an effect...... but might be the cause?

This lot, a government of non doms and tax evaders, and a Russian PM who has been using UK tax havens for decades to hide his wealth (and also wants an end to the EU).

FP_9wLrXMAEjd-9.jpeg

HOLA4423
7 hours ago, The Spaniard said:

Can't watch GB News.

Well... unless it's for a laugh.

I loved them asking the porn MP what should be done about the porn MP. Almost post satire!

HOLA4424
7 hours ago, The Spaniard said:

There’s a surprise - Neil Oliver opting for the ‘they’re all as bad as one another’ narrative rather than just concede that this Tory government are the most morally corrupt, incompetent, bunch of liars to of ever lead this country. By some distance too. 

Mr Oliver, the man who can’t bring himself to refer to his home nation by its name - but rather North Britain as he often calls it. Just tell it like it is Neil - Westminster is a great advert for North British Independence!!

Anybody that finds themselves minimising/excusing the behaviour of the Tories either inside or out of parliament is an indecent human. That lot are serial gas lighters that have no sense of shame. They gleefully tow the party line every day on nation telly with big grins on their faces. They know we hate them but they know there’s nothing we can do about it. 

Edited by Pmax2020

HOLA4425
8 hours ago, Gurgle said:

Major is an empty suit. He was Chief Secretary to the Treasury during the Lawson boom which he fully inherited when he became Chancellor in 1989. Since leaving Parliament he's collected a number paying gigs for City institutions including Chairmanship of the profoundly objectionable Carlyle Group, a hedge fund for war-making and high tech espionage.

Truly, one of the Knights of the Revolving Door.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2013/09/06/when-war-is-swell-the-carlyle-group-and-the-middle-east-at-war/

September 6, 2013

When War is Swell: the Carlyle Group and the Middle East at War

A couple of weeks ago, in a dress rehearsal for her next presidential campaign, Hillary Clinton, the doyenne of humanitarian interventionism, made a pit-stop at the Carlyle Group to brief former luminaries of the imperial war rooms about her shoot-first-don’t-ask-questions foreign policy.

For those of you who have put the playbill of the Bush administration into a time capsule and buried it beneath the compost bin, the Carlyle Group is essentially a hedge fund for war-making and high tech espionage. They are the people who brought you the Iraq war and all those intrusive niceties of Homeland Security. Call them the Knights of the Revolving Door, many of Carlyle’s executives and investors having spent decades in the Pentagon, the CIA or the State Department, before cashing in for more lucrative careers as war profiteers. They are now licking their chops at the prospect for an all-out war against Syria, no doubt hoping that the conflagration will soon spread to Lebanon, Jordan and, the big prize, Iran.

Edited by zugzwang