House Price Crash Forum
r thritis

Quote Of The Day

Verbatim quote from the canteen:

"I've had my house on the market since the new year - not much interest. House prices are rocketting up again now though so if it goes on much longer, I'm going to have to take it off the market, get it revalued and put it on at a higher price."

"I've had my house on the market since the new year - not much interest. House prices are rocketting up again now though so if it goes on much longer, I'm going to have to take it off the market, get it revalued and put it on at a higher price."

Did the person have an Irish accent by any chance? :D:D:D

OMG. There's one born everyday.

That is classic

'Damn, if I don't sell soon I'll have to make more money'

On my drive to work I am watching an overpriced house that has been on sale for over 6 months - changed estate agents twice because it's obviously the agents fault that it isn't selling.

The other day I noticed that the for-sale sign has been raised from being planted in the floor to being on top of the fence.

Yes, that's what it is...it wasn't selling cos your for sale sign was too low...

;-)

I've noticed a lot of houses are now displaying more than one EA board.

Another sign.

Nice bit of tautology there. :lol:

At least I think it was. !

Edited by OnlyMe

Im starting to feel asking prices arent being set by buyer demand, prices are being set by estate agents and if the buyer isnt there the price is still set higher... In this market it doesnt seem important that noone can afford to buy, because the price HAS to rise to all costs. Ofcourse if asking prices continue to rise the messier it gets, as the people with property loose even more touch with the actual value of there property and what people in the real world can afford....

This is going to get VERY messy...

Guest Winners and Losers

Estate agents are not the only one's to blame (shock, horror). Many vendors are also to blame. I mean, we know what Joe Public thinks about house prices. People are still going to want to put it on for the max in case they go up in the time they are on the market. It will sink in sooner or later, but probably later.

Estate agents are not the only one's to blame (shock, horror). Many vendors are also to blame. I mean, we know what Joe Public thinks about house prices. People are still going to want to put it on for the max in case they go up in the time they are on the market. It will sink in sooner or later, but probably later.

Some people seem to think that all they have to do is convince the EA to put it up for a certain price and that is what it will sell for. They have no concept of how the housing market works.

The ones who will be hit hardest of those who put their house up for £200k...buy another house coutning on the sale of their first one at the asking price and 12 months later realise their original house is only worth £160K.

Estate agents are not the only one's to blame (shock, horror). Many vendors are also to blame.

As much as I dislike the gellified spikey haired mini driving leeches I have to admit that the majority of the problem lies with the vendor these days. There's just a blanket mentality that there's always one more mug in the system to sell the shoebox on to.

Thats a beauty!!

Its amazing how blinkered people can be. I guess if you did no research and your only form of evidence on the housing market was bbc news etc then you might come to that conclusion.

Well I think it' a great idea. In fact, I'm going to advertise my car, which is worth about £9K, for £15K, and if it hasn't sold in a few weeks I'm going to re-advertise it at £18K.

:lol:

Well I think it' a great idea. In fact, I'm going to advertise my car, which is worth about £9K, for £15K, and if it hasn't sold in a few weeks I'm going to re-advertise it at £18K.

:lol:

I insist I give you £20K.

Do you know his address?

Why don't you send him the document on here 'warning homeowners to reduce their house prices

if they want to sell'.

I have sent this document to a few idiots, espcially down my rd who have been on sale for

months, winds them up and makes you feel better. B :lol: est thing of all they don't know its you !!!

I am an Englishman however there is no need for racism, you ignorant git!

In fairness to Realistbear, when I read his comment, I didn't take this as racism against the Irish. Rather, I took this as a comment about the state of the Irish housing market, which we know is still on the go.

If the person in the canteen had indeed been Irish, the quote would have made some sense!

Well oim Irish with ancestors from County Cork and oil say what oi like--git! Self-respect begins with the ability to accept humour for what it is--humour.

Guest boredwaiting

Well oim Irish with ancestors from County Cork and oil say what oi like--git! Self-respect begins with the ability to accept humour for what it is--humour.

You sound more like a plastic paddy :)

(i'm one too but I am sure somebody with a very small life in a small world, doing small things will cry racism, as we can't possibly laugh at ourselves....)

I'll just do doodling now.... Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh puleeeeaaase! Stop trying to score some PC points! Lighten up before you disappear up your own nipsy. He was obviously referring to the state of the Irish housing market.

p.s. Father's side of family is Irish, so any 'Michael Fizpatrick' style jokes may be directed at me....I don't give a sh1t.

You are even more ignorant than I thought!

Yes, just insult him by calling him ignorant why don't you!? At least you are not a racist, eh?!

Get over yourself!

Edited by marko

Some people seem to think that all they have to do is convince the EA to put it up for a certain price and that is what it will sell for. They have no concept of how the housing market works.

We'll, if they're stupid enough to pay what some muppet wants for his house, don't they have the right to expect that some other muppet is going to be as stupid as them?

I bumped into a guy I used to work with 2 years ago. He relocated from Surrey area to somewhere near Southampton, and took out a bridging loan whilst he tried to sell his Surrey house. It still hasn't sold (since July 2004) and he is now spending all his disposable income on the 2 loans.

Edited by Casual Observer