House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

Money Week - Sign Up For Their Free E-mail Now!

Got me free Money Morning e-mail this morning. Every day it arrives in my inbox and delivers common sense by the truckload about various things including, significantly, the housing market. I wouldn't want to breach their copyright by copying and pasting this morning's e-mail into this post, and fortunately I don't have to... It's on their web site...

Clicky

Got me free Money Morning e-mail this morning. Every day it arrives in my inbox and delivers common sense by the truckload about various things including, significantly, the housing market. I wouldn't want to breach their copyright by copying and pasting this morning's e-mail into this post, and fortunately I don't have to... It's on their web site...

Clicky

Firstrung has an agreement with John and the team at Moneyweek to publish it in full if you do not want to sign up for the mail.

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid=NEWS&cat=47

We like common sense. A bit out of fashon at the moment but when the recession hits Common Sense will be the new black.

Look, I regard myself as someone who foresees great hardship ahead for the Britain in terms of a HPC, high street meltdown, debt timebomb etc but I've got no time for those folks at Moneyweek (part of the boiler room Fleet Street Publications, BTW). I take very little notice of Bill Bonner in particular.

Those morning e mails; it's a sense of deja vu all over again, as the old saying goes. Doom and gloom all around. The world's going to end. What a load of old twaddle.

Would you actually earn money if you followed them? No is the answer, particularly on equities. I see the FTSE has reached another multi-year high today, but no doubt the doomsters over at Moneyweek are saying it's about to crash blah, blah, like they've been doing ever since the market bottomed in March '03.

I believe it is alright to use excepts from material for legitimate purposes of research so long as the source is acknowledged, hence the following quote, not being plagarism but an encouragement to follow the link "One in four now use interest-only mortgages, with most of those not specifying how they will repay the capital once the mortgage period has ended. "

I find that very scary. Nice find. I would encourage people to read the full article. Very interesting.