House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Golden Shower

This May Cheer You Bears Up

I live in Australia, and I have a friend who hitched his wagon to BTL about 5 years ago. He told me quite seriously last week that he would personally consider any such move to be treason.

Ah, the good old Reserve Bank of Australia. Doesn't give a toss about individuals or accusations of treason, isn't in there to keep anyone in government. Its 1st and Primary and only directive is to manage inflation.

Thats like REAL inflation, not quango-reality inflation - here they just leave inconvenient items of the list of inflationary metrics.

Ah, the good old Reserve Bank of Australia. Doesn't give a toss about individuals or accusations of treason, isn't in there to keep anyone in government. Its 1st and Primary and only directive is to manage inflation.

Thats like REAL inflation, not quango-reality inflation - here they just leave inconvenient items of the list of inflationary metrics.

Actually there are some other directives, but it is quite clear that inflation management is primary.

And quite right too, IMHO. I would personally like to see a 1-2% range mandated, rather than 2-3.

I would personally like to see a 1-2% range mandated, rather than 2-3.

What difference would that make when the UK inflation numbers are just made up anyway?

What difference would that make when the UK inflation numbers are just made up anyway?

Perhaps I should have made it clearer I was talking about the Australian inflation targets, not the UK ones.

Inflation in the UK must be around 7% I reckon to most households.

Energy cost are rising, and council tax is set to go up over 5% this year.

The figures in the UK are indeed massaged, as are the wage figures. Most people I know have not had a pay rise for years, and if you lose your job in the UK today you are unlikely to get a higher paid job more likely you will get a big paycut otherwise you will be sitting at home listening to UB 40 I am a one in ten!!!.