House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Pay Your Mortgage Off In 5 Years

Why not? It's simple really. Don't pay interest. Stop using your CC, pay extra (over the min). Once that debt is gone, put the "extra" money you were paying to your CC, to your mortgage.

Live well within your means.

A good friend of mine, upon hearing my credit card was paid off said to me

"what are you thinking buddy, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. You don't want your last thought as you lie dying to be 'there's 5 grand on my credit card I could have spent' "

We had a good chuckle but its quite scary on reflection.

I've just had a huge argument with my bank regarding CC

My card hovers perpetually around MAX. Anyhow it went over max and I incurred a fee ($30), I paid money off my card and auto debit took it over the limit again (fee $30), I made another payment then auto debit took it over the limit (another $30).

I closed down my savings account ($2.78) and have removed all auto-debits from my card. Now I'll pay the f#$kers off and close them down. I am so very angry :angry: x10

"what are you thinking buddy, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow. You don't want your last thought as you lie dying to be 'there's 5 grand on my credit card I could have spent' "

It's a common one, but i would rather die knowing i lived by my own means and not that someone else would have to pick up my bill. The lack of respects people have for each other these days is astounding.

oh right ....give me that 20k loan now then ...and i'll blow it on a big holiday and a new car!!

..in all seriousness I know someone who has taken out a loan to pay debts off...and the spare cash left over has gone on a big holiday!!!? ....and theres silly old me saving money every month to go travelling....maybe I should have just gone for the "free" money before I get hit by that bus!! :rolleyes:

One of the first pieces of advice on the CD they sell you for £50 is

"Don't p1ss your money away on internet get-rich-quick schemes!"

The second bit of advice is set up a web site which tells everybody how to pay of their mortgage in 5 years by selling CD's for £50 a pop, offer a no quibble money back promise. Then when the money comes flooding in stick the money in a high interest account and even if all the people want their money back you will still have had 3 months worth of interest. Add a clause in the no quibble money back promise that the money will be returned in no less than 2 months in so doing adding another 2 months worth of interest.