House Price Crash Forum

New posters

HOLA441
HOLA442
7 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Any of the new posters care to introduce themselves?

Noticing an increase, not sure of the reasons.

How did you come across HPC? What are your views on UK housing? 

Don’t be shy.

All new poster should be given spelling tests, and the proper use of grammar 

anti-bot test

Edited by shlomo

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
9 minutes ago, Locke said:

I think a bot would have perfect spelling and grammar...unless you are accusing our good @spyguy f being a bot ;)

@spyguy has some brilliant stories about the Finsec, his content is so good that you have to forgive him

HOLA447
11 minutes ago, shlomo said:

@spyguy has some brilliant stories about the Finsec, his content is so good that you have to forgive him

I find he largely posts nonsense myself.

One of those "must make it all fit my worldview" types.

He's called this past decade+ absolutely atrociously. All I see is ordinary Brits suffering more and more.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
27 minutes ago, msi said:

I wonder how many of our 'new' folks are just the troll squad - now roundly battered from their posts on Tr*mp, C*vid, Br*xit, etc etc. 

I don't know, they do seem to arrive fully formed with opinions. I suppose I'm just curious if HPC has been mentioned somewhere and traffic arrived that way.

HOLA4411
4 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I don't know, they do seem to arrive fully formed with opinions. I suppose I'm just curious if HPC has been mentioned somewhere and traffic arrived that way.

Possibly.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that we are seeing a consensus build up around C*vid, Br*xit, Tr*mp and those that trolled to absurdity are now looking stupid and don't want their past posts dug up so now flounce to other accounts.  Some of the language and terminology echos. Perhaps those more able than me could download the forum and do some linguistics analysis?

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, msi said:

Possibly.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that we are seeing a consensus build up around C*vid, Br*xit, Tr*mp and those that trolled to absurdity are now looking stupid and don't want their past posts dug up so now flounce to other accounts.  Some of the language and terminology echos. Perhaps those more able than me could download the forum and do some linguistics analysis?

I have learned a few things from forums.

Digging up all posts seems to me a pretty clear way of finding what people posted at the time. The people who seem like idiots think otherwise and find it grossly unfair.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, LateMillennial said:

New poster here. Used to lurk a bit in 2019. Couldn't afford a house until recently but the insane price rises made me come back to see if there were any theories about a crash. I think most of the positive people have stopped posting because it's a lot of doom and gloom now. 

I lurked on here for about two years before I signed up and started posting.

HOLA4415
8 minutes ago, LateMillennial said:

New poster here. Used to lurk a bit in 2019. Couldn't afford a house until recently but the insane price rises made me come back to see if there were any theories about a crash. I think most of the positive people have stopped posting because it's a lot of doom and gloom now. 

I’ve been here for yonks and it’s always been doom and gloom 😁

Glad you’ve returned. I believe that in any market you can find good value. Just need to be persistent and ready (even slightly obsessed). 

HOLA4416
29 minutes ago, LateMillennial said:

You make a good point about value. I've had Rightmove searches going for a few months and 99.5% of the results are stupidly expensive but a few things pop up that seem OK. I plan on buying a 2 bedroom house and upsizing when the crash happens. 

As with anything, it pays to know your market and your dealers (agents) inside out. Narrow it down as much as possible. Visit as many places as you can. We searched for 3 years for this place. I am still a nerd about our market (it’s a hobby guv) and can spot good value when it appears.

You’ll get there. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Been lurking for years. Never really posted until recently, think I had set up a couple of accounts then lost the password/email. 

And I mean YEARS…some of the posters I remember-
Time To Raise The Rents, Dr Bubb, Pixel8R, g0ldfinger, Venger, Realist Bear, International Rock Superstar and of course who could forget the great CGNAO! 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Only started lurking a few weeks ago. Personal situation is I'm in my 30s still dreaming of owning a house 'one day'. Saved up money while I was younger for a deposit then met a partner who already owned a house in the heart of an ever-expanding town. Need to move out of here for my sanity, which led me onto house hunting and wondering when prices could fall.

I mainly listen to Nationalist content online so maybe give a different take on subjects discussed here!

HOLA4422
56 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I wonder what happened to them all. 

Dr Bubb started his own site, Green Energy investors

,https://greenenergyinvestors.com/forum/7-about-globaledgeinvestors-amp-greenenergyinvestors/

it was good for a while with a lot of deserters from here going across (when things got rather heated here)  and some great chat, then they dwindled off and it just basically ended up with him posting to himself every day, a bit sad really.

CGNAO used to post there but then moved to South America (allegedly) and hasn't posted for many years.

Pixel8r set up the 24k news site, https://www.24knews.com , used to visit a lot as he does post good info but he now has gone full Q anon. 

G0ldfinger pops up here from time to time (as Silverfinger).

The others, who knows!

Edited by Dogsy

HOLA4423
11 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

I wonder what happened to them all. 

Venger is probably still going back pages to write a 9000 quote & sub-quote piece. He's just in a 2000 page thread from 2009 and only on page 5. Wonder how many keyboards were sacrificed 😉

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4424
HOLA4425